• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Maksimov   

My brother likes Dream Theater a lot, but I don't know if I could listen to one of their albums without falling aspleep. Talented musicians...shame about the music, though. I don't hate their music, just find it quite boring.

Giff   

After watching the superb 'Garden State', I've really been getting into the Shins. Anyone else fans?

Flo17   

I like quite a few bands and am currently listening to :

Oasis

Coldplay

The View

Snow Patrol

The Rifles

The Fratellis

Hard Fi

The Klaxons

I must say that the Fratellis album Costello Music is really good, I especially like Chelsea Dagger, Whistle For The Choir, Creeping Up The Backstairs and Ole Black An Blue Eyes.

Edited by Robben17

I'm really enjoying both of Ray LaMontagne's albums at the moment.

64blue   

My favourites at the moment are:-

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly. - Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager

Kaiser Chiefs - The Angry Mob

Cold War Kids - Robbers and Cowards

hanuma   
After watching the superb 'Garden State', I've really been getting into the Shins. Anyone else fans?

Bought '...chutes' and their latest offering 'wincing the night away'...each time I hoped for better. Probably won't buy their next album; very one dimensional. They'd be glorified lift music in any world run by me.

I'm really enjoying both of Ray LaMontagne's albums at the moment
Can't begin to tell you how much I dislike this mans voice.

Never heard of Dream Theatre before this thread....have checked it out on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieRFnlcsZ0g

Sounds like computer game music (more specifically Golden Sun for the GBA during a fight sequence)...poor.

Edited by hanuma

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly. - Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager

Fantastic album, one of my all time favourites now. Lyrically, the bloke is a genius.

Saw them live at the bestival last year, bloomin excellent.

Litchy   

Saw Fratellis live at Brixton couple of nights back and they were amazing. Chelsea Dagger was quality live, even though I got a few elbows to my face and was on the floor for alot of it.

They did an acoustic version of For The Girl which was brilliant, and they ended by covering 'Ohh la' by Goldfrapp. Great gig, and has made me like the album even more. Was singing Chelsea Dagger, with less punching, at Porto the next day as well :)!