• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Litchy   

Seeing as everyone's started posted them, what are everyone's frequently used/ favourite music blogs?

I like Music For Kid's Who Can't Read Good, which is always good for some American Indie music. I've previously found out about The National, Harlem Shakes and Spoon on there amongst others. He doesn't post as often as he used too these days though.

Also We All Want Someone To Shout For, always has some excelent new music on it.

Edited by Litchy

Flo17   
Seeing as everyone's started posted them, what are everyone's frequently used/ favourite music blogs?

I like Music For Kid's Who Can't Read Good, which is always good for some American Indie music. I've previously found out about The National, Harlem Shakes and Spoon on there amongst others. He doesn't post as often as he used too these days though.

I also read Music for Kids Who Can't Read Good.

I tend to frequent a whole host of blogs to keep track of any new releases. TsuruRadio is a good one, as are Stereogum and Seperated by Motorways. Sites like Drowned in Sound, Pitchfork and Line Of Best Fit are also good for reviews and news.

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   
Guest Louder Than Ritalin

I don't read many blogs to be honest as I always tend to disagree with initial impressions of bands. One I do check though is McCranks Juke, the guy really does have an immense taste.

Been hammering the new Twilight Sad album today and it is a blinder, these guys deserve far more recognition.

Also loving The XX's debut album. I would highly recommend it to my fellow indie disciples.

hanuma   

"The Twilight Sad"? Seriously?

Please, tell me that name is ironic. What next? 'The Vaguely Unhappy'? 'The Subtly Perturbed'?

Seb   
Presently listening to the following albums:
  • KiD CuDi "Man on the Moon: The End of Day" -- for those of you who perhaps don't like/listen to hip-hop I would certainly give this a whirl. KiD CuDi is about as far removed from the "bitches, hoes, money, cars" school of emceeing as possible and I find the album intelligent and far different from anything deemed "commercial" at present. The production at times has a touch of a post-rock feel to it which will appeal to a few on here. Look out for the tracks with Ratatat and MGMT.
  • Frightened Rabbit "The Midnight Organ Fight" -- another excellent Scottish band who I adore. It is almost a beautifully bleak sound they construct through each song and the album is slowly becoming one of my favourites.
  • Phoenix "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix" -- a recommendation from LTR that I am glad to have received. Absolutely brilliant album that seems to take a variety of successful elements and amalgamate them in a strangely intoxicating blend of ten tracks. A must for this year.
  • Gifts from Enola "From Fathoms" -- a post-rock entry from 2009. If you like Explosions in the Sky, download this, you will like it.

Your right about Kid Cudi, listened to 'Pursuit of Happiness' and 'Man On The Moon'. Really, really nice production values on the former. 'Day ' n ' Nite' is one of my favourite tracks of last year.

Don't know if anyone has heard 'Sweet Disposition' by The Temper Trap? Been used in a few films and on, annoyingly, Sky Sports. A lovely song in any case.

Your right about Kid Cudi, listened to 'Pursuit of Happiness' and 'Man On The Moon'. Really, really nice production values on the former. 'Day ' n ' Nite' is one of my favourite tracks of last year.

Don't know if anyone has heard 'Sweet Disposition' by The Temper Trap? Been used in a few films and on, annoyingly, Sky Sports. A lovely song in any case.

Yes, Man on the Moon is a very good album. Also some of his singles are good :

Edited by rikybains1

wise76   

KLF

Chillout

Madrugada Eterna

For all you mourning Oasis fans here..., perhaps you might like to check out the back catalogue of Catherine Wheel, a band that deserved more recognition than they received.

Do a pretty good version of one of the best songs ever (Wish you were here Pink Floyd)

Oh and Tweeds, good call on Gifts from Enola.

hadn't heard of them before but checked out their stuff after your recommendation...

Suitably impressed ;)

Edited by davie

Vinod   

Been listening to Lightbulb Sun by Procupine Tree

Where we would be is my new favourite. Recommened listen to all Pink Floyd fans

js21   

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

decent song..