• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

OTCFC   
40 bands (2nd announcement still to come) for $155.

[My Chemical Romance, AFI, Paramore, Taking Back Sunday, HIM, Faith No More, Jane's Addiction, Anti-Flag, Reel Big Fish, Trivium, Alexisonfire, The Get Up Kids, Eagles of Death Metal, All Time Low, Enter Shikari, Isis, Meshuggah, Sunny Day Real Estate, Escape the Fate, The Weakerthans, A Day to Remember, Comeback Kid, The Aquabats, The Devil Wears Prada, It Dies Today, Clutch, The Almost, Rx Bandits, Gallows, Four Year Strong, A Wilhelm Scream, Maximum the Hormone, Dance Gavin Dance, Emarosa, Baroness, Whitechapel, You Me At Six, The Creepshow, Anvil and Rolo Tomassi]

Make sure you catch Enter Shikari. In general, I'm not a huge fan of their music but they were ridiculously good at Reading this year. Suprisingly one of the top 5 acts I saw all weekend.

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   

Jon, Tweed & Flo you guys are abandoning this Topic and it is turning into my worst nightmare. Enter Shikari? Honestly?

I'm pretty much listening to The XX constantly, saw them the other night and they were superb.

xCELERYx   
Make sure you catch Enter Shikari. In general, I'm not a huge fan of their music but they were ridiculously good at Reading this year. Suprisingly one of the top 5 acts I saw all weekend.

They are ok, listened to old album a little bit. I'll see them providing they don't clash with other bands I have a greater interest in seeing.

rangoon   

Getting heavily into the Arctic's new album 'Humbug'. The best thing they've done so far imho. Kicks on from the last shadow puppets into a darker world of love's lament. Totally different from their first album,not as catchy but lyrically more intense and intricate. It is utter brilliance.

Osgood 9   
Getting heavily into the Arctic's new album 'Humbug'. The best thing they've done so far imho. Kicks on from the last shadow puppets into a darker world of love's lament. Totally different from their first album,not as catchy but lyrically more intense and intricate. It is utter brilliance.

I LOVED The Arctic's first album thought it was a brilliant album then I totally went off them after that.Didn't like their later stuff.

xCELERYx   

There lies the issue.

Its Arctic Monkeys, not LSP.

They were listening able for the first and second album until the whole buzz died. Now they are pretty boring and just turning into LSP mark 2.

Well it's called musical tastes, and there are many more people on here than you 4... So... uh?

Cry me a river. Did I say you couldn't post? This Topic used to be filled with good up and coming bands but now it is populated by overtly commercial bands, MUSE and folk screaming down microphones. Some recommendations of bands that aren't broadcast throughout the world would be good.

Immortal Technique anyone?
My other love is underground hip-hop. I still can't get enough of Jedi Mind Tricks and Aesop Rock. Immortal Technique's Dance With The Devil remains one of my favourite songs.