• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

MUSE Have had one Good Song (Starlight).All other is Crap.

Have you really heard all the other 'crap'? Muse have many great songs, I'm not their biggest fan nor have I heard their latest album but they're majorly talented.

Subjective and not directed at you.

Smart arse comment on a subject that did not concern you as the original post was directed at other posters. You felt the need to get involved, therefore you open yourself up for criticism.

Genuine reply to your strop about segregation. Cry me a river? A personal attack? Please.

First direct Personal Attack on the Topic and strangely it was from you directed at me. You made your bed and now don't want to lie in it, however play the victim if you wish Curtis. Maybe have a look at banter in the dictionary. As for calling you an EMO is that a Personal Attack? News to me.

I neither have the time or the energy to carry on a school yard argument, mud slinging in boring and certainly nothing to do with this Topic.

I fail to see how comparing your random burst of emotion to a menstruating woman is a personal attack, though I believe calling me an emotional cripple is. Given my taste in music, which has strongly been linked to emo quite often (though being nowhere near it), I take offence at emo, and I know many who are the same.

And it genuinely concerned anyone who was active in the thread commenting on MUSE at the time. You were fair game.

And don't argue it if you have no time, but I know I have plenty as it's a weekend... So go for gold.

Edited by Curtis Brand

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   
Guest Louder Than Ritalin
I fail to see how comparing your random burst of emotion to a menstruating woman is a personal attack, though I believe calling me an emotional cripple is. Given my taste in music, which has strongly been linked to emo quite often (though being nowhere near it), I take offence at emo, and I know many who are the same.

And it genuinely concerned anyone who was active in the thread commenting on MUSE at the time. You were fair game.

And don't argue it if you have no time, but I know I have plenty as it's a weekend... So go for gold.

I took it as a Personal Attack but I wouldn't cry foul like most. EMO is a sub culture and a term used by fans of certain music, it is not a derogatory term. You may have nothing to do but I have, if you want to keep this "poor me" charade going then PM me don't continue attacking like a prepubescent teen in this Topic.

Off to the match, will PM you later buttercup ;)

Edited by Louder Than Ritalin

hanuma   
All other is Crap.

I sense a new Internet meme....

I always thought their breakthrough album showed more than enough of what they were about: Muscle Museum probably sums up the basics of them better than anything else they've ever done. I'm sure we could all have done without the rest of their output, but I suppose they've got their bank accounts to think about, and the next generation of teenagers entering into the market every year or two.

Seb   

I just listened to their new album uninterrupted, and my initial impressions are mixed. The first half is straight forward enough, typical Muse. It's hard to get excited about really because it's been heard all before unfortunately, at least I think so. I really do like the Exogenesis trilogy though, I think it's something very fresh and something they've been hovering around for a while.

And I just discovered Massive Attack have a new EP out! Splitting the Atom, I do recommend it to anyone who's a fan.

Edited by Seb

Osgood 9   

I can't believe it!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Of All the bands that could of covered Live Forever,MGMT do!!!!

I can't believe it,A Truely shocking band covering,Arguably the greatest song of all time

I can't believe it,A Truely shocking band covering,Arguably the greatest song of all time

One over-hyped band covering another.

Went to see Telekinesis the other night. It's a band/solo hybrid, with the lead singer splitting his time between the guitar and the drums and other band members dropping in and out of the show. Superb set from a start to finish.

Support came from The Rosebuds who were equally as good. They are basically an American couple who tour with an acoustic guitar and an accordian. Also they seemed really glad to be there which is more than can be said for half the grumpy bands who usually play as if they are doing you a favour. A very small venue made the gig feel special, especially as they played right in the middle of the crowd of no more than 50.