Forum Administrator

Musical Tastes

2,834 posts in this topic

Went to see Steve Harley at the Sheperd's Bush Empire last night (if anyone remembers who he is). Managed to get 3 bodies from the front and got some superb pictures and a video of Make Me Smile (Come up and see me). Other gigs this year - All American Rejects (twice), Foo Fighters, Angels and Airwaves, Morrissey and Lucinda Williams. Will probably aim to see Alice Cooper for 7th time next year and a few others.

>Morrissey

One of the best lyricists ever in british music.

I'm really into Oasis at the moment, and I've been trawling the net looking for acoustic performances by Noel. For anyone who's interested there are some great ones on youtube.

>Morrissey

One of the best lyricists ever in british music.

...where Hector was the first of the gang

with a gun in his hand

and the first to do time

the first of the gang to die. Such a silly boy.

With a leader called Hector, it doesn't sound like a very tough gang. No doubt other members were called things like Bartholomew and Edwin and they were the scourge of down-town Windsor.

I like music from a fair number of genres. Usually I like some beat with the song, but not always. I heard Stevie Wonder's 'Part-time Lover' a few months back, and I still love it. I enjoy movie soundtracks, too.

I also like some music from other nations, a few Spanish songs, classical Chinese music and Reggae, not to mention a small amount of African music (especially West African). Please don't ask me to name them. I think I could give one or two Spanish songs, but I've never bought albums, so I'm useless with the names.

I'm really into Oasis at the moment

Someone put a video of us winning the title, and had 'Masterplan' from Oasis (someone had to tell me who the song was from). The more I hear that song, the more I love it.

I horrified a poster before (I think Harry), but I absolutely love Enya. And strangely, I have a soft spot for Kylie Minogue songs.

Okay... I ran out of things to show how pathetic I am.

I've been to see the follwing bands live:

Ben Harper

The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Foo Fighters

Blink 182

The Chemical Brothers

The White Stripes

The Kings of Leon

Wolfmother

Green Day

Velvet Revolver

Rolling Stones

Plus heaps of great NZ bands: Shihad, Pluto, Goodshirt, The Taliband etc

I want to see these guys but haven't yet:

Fat Boy Slim

Pearl Jam

Stereophonics

Jet

Arctic Monkeys

Beck

The Killers

OK Go

Oasis

Radiohead

Powder Finger

Queens of the Stone Age

Coldplay

The Strokes

Weezer

...where Hector was the first of the gang

with a gun in his hand

and the first to do time

the first of the gang to die. Such a silly boy.

With a leader called Hector, it doesn't sound like a very tough gang. No doubt other members were called things like Bartholomew and Edwin and they were the scourge of down-town Windsor.

"In my life, why do I waste valuable time? With people who I'd much rather kick in the eye"

"Hang the DJ , hang the DJ, hang the DJ, haaaaaaaaaaaaang the DJ"

"Why pamper life's complexity, when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat"

Isn't Hector often an Hispanic name? Some of their gangs are pretty handy I would've thought.

like a lot of music genres.

Used to love prog rock bands like Genesis. But let me stress, that was only up until peter Gabriel left in I, think '73. Once Phil Collins took over vocals it all went to pot. He was a great drummer but they lost the theatre side of things. Gabriel used to dress up in amazing costumes. I think the rest of the band thought he went too far when he dressed up for one of the numbers as a hemmoroid!

Led Zep was another great band and 'Yes' did it for me too.

I'm a guitarist and love both acoustic and electric stuff. Altered tuning on the acoustic doing some slide guitar bluesy stuff.

If any of you like acoustic stuff try a guy called phil Keaggy who is American. Brilliant guitarist and has turned out some fine instrumental albums.

Modern bands, I like the killers and lots more, also some trance stuff. I love classical too...my old dad's influence. :)

Been to or Seeing these bands live:

RHCP

Kasabian

Babyshambles

Dirty Pretty Things

The Rakes

The Fratellis

Muse

The Others

Larrikin Love

Hoping to get tickets for Kings Of Leon, Maximo Park, Jamie T, The View, The Klaxons, Young Knives, Arctic Monkeys, Kooks, Faithless, Feeder, Kaiser Chiefs, The Strokes, The Killers, Stereophonics...

I'm a teenager aswell, but I never really got into the rap stuff. I like Kanye West, and Plan B is good, but TBH I went more of the indie rock way...

I like music from a fair number of genres. Usually I like some beat with the song, but not always. I heard Stevie Wonder's 'Part-time Lover' a few months back, and I still love it. I enjoy movie soundtracks, too.

I also like some music from other nations, a few Spanish songs, classical Chinese music and Reggae, not to mention a small amount of African music (especially West African). Please don't ask me to name them. I think I could give one or two Spanish songs, but I've never bought albums, so I'm useless with the names.

Someone put a video of us winning the title, and had 'Masterplan' from Oasis (someone had to tell me who the song was from). The more I hear that song, the more I love it.

I horrified a poster before (I think Harry), but I absolutely love Enya. And strangely, I have a soft spot for Kylie Minogue songs.

Okay... I ran out of things to show how pathetic I am.

Yeh the Video you are talking about is here:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/245032/chelsea/

I got it on my myspace :D

Soul, Jazz Funk, Disco, Boogie, Soulful House

I love underground and indie music (Camera Obscura, Wolf Parade , Midlake and so on...).

But to be honest, I can accept any sorts of music that I think is good(DUH?)..that includes pop, rap, hip hop and etc. It's called guilty pleasures I guess?