• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Sorry if I dis'd anyone, wasn't trying too. If anything, this topic is educating people as to what they may be missing. It annoys me when I hear people say that they don't like or won't give a particular type of music a chance, simply because of it's label.

I love heavy metal, but that doesn't mean that it's all good, some of it is.................

Sorry if I dis'd anyone, wasn't trying too. If anything, this topic is educating people as to what they may be missing. It annoys me when I hear people say that they don't like or won't give a particular type of music a chance, simply because of it's label.

I love heavy metal, but that doesn't mean that it's all good, some of it is.................

I agree with you Paul. As for heavy metal, I actually gave it a chance. And I hope I'm not dissing anyone by saying it is in my opinion the worst music genre ever to reach our round globe.

I agree with you Paul. As for heavy metal, I actually gave it a chance. And I hope I'm not dissing anyone by saying it is in my opinion the worst music genre ever to reach our round globe.

I must agree. A lot of my mates are into it but I just think that a lot of the bands are a load of freaks ;-) Seriously though, I just feel the whole heavy metal thing is sad. I hope that I've got the right kind of music but the screaming bands and wierdos like that are just sad IMO, and the lyrics are just strange. Not 'dissing' anyone BTWE.

Litchy   

I hate heavy metal myself, but there's a new band called Enter Shikari who aren't bad at all. Its kind of a mix between Indie/Metal and then Indie/dance stuff (like Klaxons) and they sing through most of the songs but occassionally scream something. Thats probably the poorest review of them ever, but they aren't bad at all.

Edited by litchy_cfc

Flo17   

In the whole 'heavy metal debate' I just wish that someone would tell these guys about a new invention called scissors. Check these guys out. They're one of my mates favourite bands.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2006/jul/14dragonforce.jpg

I dont mean to offend or have a personal vendetta against long hair it's just.........well...........

In the whole 'heavy metal debate' I just wish that someone would tell these guys about a new invention called scissors. Check these guys out. They're one of my mates favourite bands.

I dont mean to offend or have a personal vendetta against long hair it's just.........well...........

I really can't emphasis how corny that looks..

Not saying Carlos Santana can't play, I merely think that I would prefer my testicles being immolated than listen to his tunes. Just a personal dislike of his music, he can certainly play - though I wish he wouldn't. Hey ho, it's the ol' horses for courses! I dare say not everyone out there likes the nuances of the playing of Steve Vai, Ritchie Kotzen, and Al Di Meola. However, I like them. Also Paco De Lucia can spank out some good business also and I'm no dedicated fan of flamenco guitar.

Although I will say this with absolute certainty, and no degree of arrogance;

Those that dislike the album 'The Extremist' by Joe Satriani, are almost certainly gay. Great driving album.

Do people still recognise the word 'album' by the way, or am I falling behind the times by a century or 9?

hanuma   
Do people still recognise the word 'album' by the way, or am I falling behind the times by a century or 9?

I'm 20 (which is old by some youngsters standards, but still....) and I've never bought a single and have several hundred albums.

Greebo's of the world unite, death to the clean one's. My days of being a greebo are long gone, along with my hair too. Still love the music though, well, some of it.

richard   
And I hope I'm not dissing anyone by saying it is in my opinion the worst music genre ever to reach our round globe.

Can't be can it? I thought that was Helter Skelter whatever that was. (Happy hardcore?) Anybody remember that or remember your kids playing it? I think, in the late 80's early 90's.

My son when he was 13 used to play it......way up in the attic (the only place he was allowed to play it). I tried to debate with him on the nuances of what 'real music is'. All to no avail.

Then I remembered my mother, about 20 years before, debating with me about the very same thing, only that was over Led Zeppelin and, poor old mum, we never had an attic!

Then, when my son turned 19, he came up to me with an album, and said..."you've really got to listen to this great music dad" It was Bob Dylan

Now he's into Led Zeppelin and some very heavy metal...(white metal?)

Trying to get him to listen to Beethoven now :)

I guess some things never change.

Edited by richard