• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

I hope they get over here at some point, love their album and listen to it daily at the moment.

They're coming to UK/Europe in June according to their official website.

hanuma   
Somebody gave me a copy of Just Jack's album the other day. Not bad actually.

The singles he's released have been absolutely terrible. I take it the rest of the album isn't much different.

The singles he's released have been absolutely terrible. I take it the rest of the album isn't much different.

Well, that's me told.

mk12   

The Smiths, Pixies, Arcade Fire, The Cure, Joy Division, White Stripes, The Organ, Special Needs, Johnny Cash, Pulp, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix...

mk12   

This is true. He looks too much like Andy Johnson too.

I like the album, it's the Streets but more tuneful.

hanuma   
I like the album, it's the Streets but more tuneful.

Cassetteboy rip The Streets mercilessly (suggest a good place to upload MP3's and I will do it for you). I defy any of Skinners biggest fans to not find it at least mildly amusing and a little embarassing for having liked him in the first place. At its most brutally honest they cut Skinners words up to make him say "It's just lazy words over ****** beats....I'm **** and I just don't know it."

Edit: Cassetteboy offer up some pretty childish cut and paste jobs on a variety of people...not musically worthy (nor do they claim to be) but often hilarious.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=50030423

Edited by hanuma

Litchy   
Cassetteboy rip The Streets mercilessly (suggest a good place to upload MP3's and I will do it for you). I defy any of Skinners biggest fans to not find it at least mildly amusing and a little embarassing for having liked him in the first place. At its most brutally honest they cut Skinners words up to make him say "It's just lazy words over ****** beats....I'm **** and I just don't know it."

Edit: Cassetteboy offer up some pretty childish cut and paste jobs on a variety of people...not musically worthy (nor do they claim to be) but often hilarious.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=50030423

They are quality... clever how they do it! Anywhere I can find this Streets remix thing online?

hanuma   
They are quality... clever how they do it! Anywhere I can find this Streets remix thing online?

Well it used to be clever when they spent ages cutting up tapes....now they just use soundforge, which simplifies the process tremendously.

I can't find any more of them online (haven't looked that hard). If you find me a decent place to dump the files I will get on as many as I can.

Edited by hanuma

64blue   

Been listening to Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures since yesterday and must say it's really grown on me. A slow burner but I can't stop playing it now. I'd recommend a listen.