• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Yeah, should be massive. Rammstein are actually on my bucket list (hello, you're 19, Curtis), so one more thing I can tick off. I've seen plenty of live footage, and the vocals and instrumentals are so simple that they really can't go wrong live anyway!

But all that aside, I'm looking forward to seeing Grinderman. I've seen The Cure, Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper live, so that's one more freaky, dark haired gentleman to tick off my Rock Legends Live list 8).

Should be a blast. I've never seen Iggy live...

Well as live as Iggy gets at his stage in life... : )

He can still show the young'uns how it done

Edited by davie

Should be a blast. I've never seen Iggy live...

Well as live as Iggy gets at his stage in life... : )

He can still show the young'uns how it done

Yeah, should be fantastic. Won't be a real Iggy show though, as Australia's far too straight edge to let him cut himself with a... Well, straight edge.

Osgood 9   

Beady Eye in less than a month!

Very excited,Heard nothing but positive reviews for the venue (Glasgow Barrowlands),Should be fantastic.

Yeah, should be massive. Rammstein are actually on my bucket list (hello, you're 19, Curtis), so one more thing I can tick off. I've seen plenty of live footage, and the vocals and instrumentals are so simple that they really can't go wrong live anyway!

But all that aside, I'm looking forward to seeing Grinderman. I've seen The Cure, Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper live, so that's one more freaky, dark haired gentleman to tick off my Rock Legends Live list 8).

You won't be disappointed with Rammstien,quality group live. I've seen them twice, the 1st time they had Apocalyptica as the support band. Awesome.

Two dyas till Big Day Out.

Iggy and the Stooges, Tool, Rammstein, Washington, Grinderman (Nick Cave), Deftones, Wolfmother, Paul Dempsey... Amongst others.

Quite a line-up there, Rammstein put on quite a show. Even if was is a little eccentric and absolutely nuts (blow torch helmets with huge fake penis spraying stuff onto crowd). I've also seen Deftones live and they are awesome too and get the crowd pumped. Tool should be the icing on the cake though, have fun.

Quite a line-up there, Rammstein put on quite a show. Even if was is a little eccentric and absolutely nuts (blow torch helmets with huge fake penis spraying stuff onto crowd). I've also seen Deftones live and they are awesome too and get the crowd pumped. Tool should be the icing on the cake though, have fun.

Tool are fantastic - gotta love Maynards lyrics and intensity on stage.

A fan of APC?

Oh yea, I like them. Not quite tool but good...

A Perfect Circles's Judith, Passive and particularly The Noose are three of my very favourite songs...

Edited by NandoNumberNine

A Perfect Circle are absolutely fantastic. I've got all three albums, and have listened to them a countless number of times. Judith gets me though, as I actually learnt the true meaning behind it (relating to 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) by Tool).

And yeah, I've watched a bit of their live stuff over the last week or so, Paul, and they certainly look like crowd pleasers. I saw Nine Inch Nails at Soundwave 09, and they absolutely blew my mind, but the stage presence was seriously underwhelming. Something that I can't imagine being the case with Rammstein, as the simplicity of their music means they're all about entertainment.

@ R2FU99 - Can't wait to see Deftones live either. My Dad and cousin have seen them before, and said their music is yet another step up when played live. Dad reckons the bass and guitar were so heavily in overdrive, that every time they kicked off a song, it felt like a punch in the throat.

A Perfect Circle are absolutely fantastic. I've got all three albums, and have listened to them a countless number of times. Judith gets me though, as I actually learnt the true meaning behind it (relating to 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) by Tool).

And yeah, I've watched a bit of their live stuff over the last week or so, Paul, and they certainly look like crowd pleasers. I saw Nine Inch Nails at Soundwave 09, and they absolutely blew my mind, but the stage presence was seriously underwhelming. Something that I can't imagine being the case with Rammstein, as the simplicity of their music means they're all about entertainment.

@ R2FU99 - Can't wait to see Deftones live either. My Dad and cousin have seen them before, and said their music is yet another step up when played live. Dad reckons the bass and guitar were so heavily in overdrive, that every time they kicked off a song, it felt like a punch in the throat.

Love NIN too : ) If you haven't yet, check out their collaborations with Gary Numan...brilliant...

Also deftones...covers of Smiths classic Please,please and Sade's Ordinary Love are great...

Edited by NandoNumberNine