• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

3Sphinx and Curtis, you may like some of these:

Handsome Furs - When I Get Back

Was gonna go through the whole list, but I'm stuck on Handsome Furs! Very enjoyable!

Dig Architecture in Helsinki? They've been around for about 10 years so far... So I'd hope you'd heard of 'em. If not, they're a great Aussie five piece with a really interesting style.

Escapee

That Beep

Was gonna go through the whole list, but I'm stuck on Handsome Furs! Very enjoyable!

Dig Architecture in Helsinki? They've been around for about 10 years so far... So I'd hope you'd heard of 'em. If not, they're a great Aussie five piece with a really interesting style.

Escapee

That Beep

I haven't heard the new album (I keep meaning to give it a listen) but loved both 'Places Like This' and 'In Case We Die'.

Any other good Aussie bands I should know about? I know (the know defunct) I Heart Hiroshima and Big Scary, but not many.

Big Scary are pretty popular at the moment, yeah. As for other Aussie bands,

and
are all getting some solid play time. They've been known for a couple of years now, but have all really come into their own.

Really loving Handsome Furs too! Gone through most of the Sound Kapital album on youtube. Memories of the Future is my highlight so far.

3Sphinx   

Wow, very impressive list of nice songs we have growing here. Curtis, looked through the songs and I liked all of them except the Glorious Feeling one. I confirm that we have similar tastes definitely!

Thanks for the songs too, Jon. I'll have to take time looking and listening to each one.

Here's some more that you guys might like:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat the Devil's Tattoo

Agnes Obel - Philharmonics

Enjoy ;)

Big Scary are pretty popular at the moment, yeah. As for other Aussie bands,

and
are all getting some solid play time. They've been known for a couple of years now, but have all really come into their own.

Aah I didn't realise The Middle East were Australian, I'm enjoying the album at the moment (the 10 minute long 'Deep Water' is gorgeous).

Really loving Handsome Furs too! Gone through most of the Sound Kapital album on youtube. Memories of the Future is my highlight so far.

Yep, they are superb. I saw them a few months back in a tiny venue, simply brilliant. Check out their other two albums and also Wolf Parade, the band which Dan Boeckner also plays in.

Yeah fair enough, 3Sphinx. Glorious Feeling's pretty standard Aussie hip hop, which isn't everyones cup of tea. Some solid stuff though, including

As for your list, I'm pretty keen on Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Mystery Jets. They get a bit of a plug on Triple J. They played

about an hour ago, I reckon.

Middle East are a Queensland act, been kicking around for a couple of years now. They were the "Unearthed" artist from 2009 on Triple J, and got two tracks in the hottest 100 that year.

Actually, I recommend you check out the Unearthed site, there's some quality Aussie talent on there. San Cisco (a stones throw away from me), Blud, and Stonefield are all teenage acts who have come through the Unearthed High program... Some phenomenal stuff from them.

Hell, Stonefield played recently at Glastonbury. Four teenage sisters from Melbourne, who, much like Tame Impala and Wolfmother, have gone back to a real raw, fuzzed out, rock n roll sound.

lafta   

Great tune. Got that Rolling Stones vibe to it.

Yeah they're an absolute joke. Puppets for their record label.

couldnt agree more. if youre into this kind of sound check these guys out

www.sulktheband.com/w/wishes-video

heard them on the radio a couple of days ago. sounds a bit of charlatans and roses mixed together. like it

3Sphinx   

Yeah fair enough, 3Sphinx. Glorious Feeling's pretty standard Aussie hip hop, which isn't everyones cup of tea. Some solid stuff though, including

As for your list, I'm pretty keen on Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Mystery Jets. They get a bit of a plug on Triple J. They played

about an hour ago, I reckon.

Aussie hiphop is alright - although I haven't heard much of it. I'm an Aussie too btw :) The Urthboy song is alright, if I listen to hip hop, I prefer the songs that have a stronger instrumental background (or whatever it's called).