• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Pop is an enormous genre, and treating it all as "one" is very wrong.

In Britain it's pretty much a separate genre at the moment, even though it's meant to be 'Popular Music' and it mostly caters for a certain demographic. British pop is very much aimed at young kids for example.

Pop compilations such as 'Pop Party' normally consist of boy/girl bands that haven't wrote their own tunes and are told what to wear.

The 'NOW' compilations aren't really 40 standard UK pop songs. Just contemporary stuff that's in the charts.

But hey, if it makes people happy, then great. I'm more into Rock n Roll myself. Each to their own.

In Britain it's pretty much a separate genre at the moment, even though it's meant to be 'Popular Music' and it mostly caters for a certain demographic. British pop is very much aimed at young kids for example.

Pop compilations such as 'Pop Party' normally consist of boy/girl bands that haven't wrote their own tunes and are told what to wear.

The 'NOW' compilations aren't really 40 standard UK pop songs. Just contemporary stuff that's in the charts.

But hey, if it makes people happy, then great. I'm more into Rock n Roll myself. Each to their own.

So 'Rock n Roll' bands such as The Enemy aren't 'told what to wear' (figuratively at least)?

And how R.E.M fit inside your small 'Pop' bracket is a mystery to me.

So 'Rock n Roll' bands such as The Enemy aren't 'told what to wear' (figuratively at least)?

And how R.E.M fit inside your small 'Pop' bracket is a mystery to me.

R.E.M as a band don't. But that particular song is very radio frendly.

R.E.M as a band don't. But that particular song is very radio frendly.

I agree, but then surely that means 'Pop' is more than just what you claimed earlier?

....But that particular song is very radio frendly.

Friendly?

Kind of song if played again and again, could extract confessions from inmates...

Merciless, more like : )

Osgood 9   

Viva Brother got a tough time a few pages back - however I got their album and I'm digging this track just now - So much love for it