• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Litchy   
To all those Libertines fans:

Pete and Carl just performed together on what was supposed to be 'An evening with Peter Doherty'.

Check www.nme.com for a full blog of the night at the Hackney Empire. They just played Libs classics all night at soon as Barat arrived.

I hope they bloody reform. I've seen both babyshambles, and Dirty Pretty Things (twice) but I'm confident Libertines would top both those.

I heard about this... is quite amazing really considering all the circumstances behind the split. Imagine how mad a Libertines reunion gig would be. You would be lucky to get tickets first, then lucky to come out alive with all the Libertine obsessed nutters around you...

jack99   

Haha, sounds good to me.

Guerilla gigs could be announced here if your interested mate:-

www.albionarks.com

www.frenchdogblues.com

Litchy   
Haha, sounds good to me.

Guerilla gigs could be announced here if your interested mate:-

www.albionarks.com

www.frenchdogblues.com

Cheers for that second one. Been on the first one a few times its not bad. To be honets I doubt that they will play a full gig, as I reckon this was more of a goodbye than a return.

Maybe a set at a festival or something, but even thats unlikely. Still, I'll always hope!

Litchy   
granted... but it is nice to see a girl who is not wafer thin and not ashamed of her body...I dont think I would be standing front row at that show

On their album posters in the London underground there is a massive picture of her doing some weird Egyptian style arm thing.. and she has one arm abover her head. Lets just say its not to nice under her arm. It looks a bit like her head, lets put it that way!

Codger   

Have a go at this. Type a name and search. If you have eclectic taste in music you will have some real fun with this, good fun for searching out new stuff too.

Have a go at this. Type a name and search. If you have eclectic taste in music you will have some real fun with this, good fun for searching out new stuff too.

That's great Grahame, I can see myself wasting inordinate periods of my life on that.

Litchy   

I like it! there's also This which has a similair idea to it in terms of finding new music, except it lets you listen to some tracks. Not bad.

Codger   
I like it! there's also This which has a similair idea to it in terms of finding new music, except it lets you listen to some tracks. Not bad.

Pandora's in trouble at the moment. The licensing authorities are quadrupling the fees for internet radio stations. It now means that internet radio stations will pay more for music than terrestrial radio stations do, or anyone else for that matter. Pathetic.

Yes, there are a few sites like the one I listed, but none so much fun or such a good way to waste an hour or so.

Just booked a ticket to see a one off reunion of Carter USM at the Brixton Academy in November. Loved this band when I was at school. Anyone else remember them from the early nineties? Doubt many of you liked them however! I for one loved their lyrics, including an innovative chucking in of 'get your tits out for the ladies' in Suppose you gave a funeral and nobody came.

Genius to small minds like mine!

Edited by gronkjaer77

I loved Carter! Only got to see them live once though which was a shame. Great gig, and supported by the very under-rated 'The Family Cat' who I loved as much and saw several times live. Was at the end of a tour. Bobcat going on about how he couldn't wait to finally change his underpants after 6 weeks on the road. I often think of Carter when we play West Ham since Frank's 'You Fat Bar-Steward' chant was always a favourite at Carter gigs.

"What do you think of the show so far? RUBBISH"

Apparently Australia was fond of 'The Family Cat' and there were no less than three good tribute bands down under. 'Tell 'Em We're Surfin' is still one of my all-time favroutie albums.

Oh they don't make bands like they used to. Who the hell are these Libertines anyway?