• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

hanuma   
the very under-rated 'The Family Cat' who I loved as much and saw several times live.
There's a Grandaddy album called 'Just Like the Fambly Cat', I wonder if it was inspired by that band...

Codger   
Pandora's in trouble at the moment.

For those who are interested, you might want to take a look at Savenetradio for more information.

The SaveNetRadio Coalition

The future of Internet radio is in immediate danger. Royalty rates for webcasters have been drastically increased by a recent ruling and are due to go into effect on May 15 (retroactive to Jan 1, 2006!). If the increased rates remain unchanged, the majority of webcasters will go bankrupt and silent on this date. Internet radio needs your help! H.R. 2060, The Internet Radio Equality Act was introduced by Representatives Jay Inslee (D-WA) and Donald Manzullo (R-IL ) to save the Internet radio industry. Please call your congressperson to ask them to co-sponsor H.R. 2060 by clicking below.

rangoon   

Great thread. The Libertines and Babyshambles cannot be bettered by anybody except maybe the Stones when they were at their peak with Exile On Main Street and Sticky Fingers. I cannot think of a Duff song on any of the three albums the bands have made ( sorry just remembered the Pentonville song on the Shambles album was dire ). Pete takes an immense amount of stick in the press for his behaviour but listen to his music especially some of the less well known ones such as Arcady,Gang of Gin, to name but two and you realise that this is a man with a vast wealth of talent and emotional intelligence, genius is not too higher praise. I could go on all day about the Libertines and their philosophy of the Arcadian dream but you would probably think "What a Waster".

The Dirty Pretty Things released a great album too. Would love to see Bilo and Biggles back together sailing the good ship Albion.

hanuma   

http://www.bookarts.uwe.ac.uk/arcbod.htm

"Arcadia, a region of ancient Greece was recognised as the ideal of a simple pastoral life, with its inhabitants living off the land and celebrating nature."

Not sure how that metamorphosed into Doherty's idea of "that place in your mind where you can feed off other peoples creative energy...man."

I can't believe anyone would be naive enough to buy into this as anything other than an excuse to doss. They all look, sound and pose like dickheads.

Crazy Russian's musical tastes can be divided into three groups. :)

1. Rock/Metal.

2. Classical music and the like.

3. Different great sh!te.

1. Rock/Metal:

Pink Floyd (the best band of all time, imo)

Metallica

Queen

Jimi Hendrix

Iron Maiden

Rainbow

Deep Purple

Steve Vai

Sex Pistols

etc.

2. Classical music and the like:

Tchaikovsky (the best composer of all time, imo)

Morricone

Rachmaninoff

Chopin

Mussorgsky

Bizet

etc.

3. Different great sh!te:

Viktor Tsoi

Gorky Park

The Prodigy

Mylene Farmer

Jean Michel Jarre

Rammstein

Pain

Laibach

etc.

I'm sure that only Russian classical music and British rock music really deserve respect. =)

I'd like to find out one thing. Are such great bands as Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Queen, etc. still popular in Great Britain? How much does the youth love them?

Thank you.

Mehrino   
I'd like to find out one thing. Are such great bands as Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Queen, etc. still popular in Great Britain? How much does the youth love them?

Thank you.

Well I'm 17 and think the Floyd are the Drogs Ballacks!!! Can't speak for anyone else though...

Ali   

I'm very particular about what I like in music, I mostly listen to the 60's, 70's psychedelic rock. Mainly the Doors, beatles, pink floyd, Led Zeppelin, Cream (Eric Clapton), Bob Dylan, Megadeth, Type O negative etc.

But then again I'd listen to anything that sounds good. Classic Indian songs (Mukesh, Kishore) are nice too, they can be listened to for a change.

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   
Guest Louder Than Ritalin

Currently listening 2.

Hadouken! - That Boy That Girl

Scanners - Lowlife

The Teenagers - Homecoming

The Thermals - A Pillar of Salt

Good Shoes - Sophie

Arctic Monkeys - 505

I can't get Sonnet by The Verve out of my head at the moment.

Edited by Claude4

Codger   
I can't get Sonnet by The Verve out of my head at the moment.

Great, thanks. I feel a Dream Theater headphone session coming on.