• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

CFC-Joe   

Sorted tickets for both Miles Kane and Jake Bugg for later on in the year. Arctic Monkeys tickets come on sale next Friday, and I'm sure many of you will be snapping them up - myself included!

Oh sweet 80s Maiden.

Sadly, I find myself unable to enjoy the new Iron Maiden or Megadeth albums.

Yeh,I kinda now what you mean. Yes,they are good still,especially their older stuff,but Metal has moved and changed so much since the 80's,that it does sound dated. I managed to watch pieces of Download on tv and compared to the other bands, it's a bit like watching the Rolling Stones.

Vinod   

Yeh,I kinda now what you mean. Yes,they are good still,especially their older stuff,but Metal has moved and changed so much since the 80's,that it does sound dated. I managed to watch pieces of Download on tv and compared to the other bands, it's a bit like watching the Rolling Stones.

Most bands that span decades have to wage the constant battle between staying true to their core identity, evolving as a band, being relevant to the current generation of fans and being creative (as in not rehashing the same sound)

Few artists/ bands who managed this very well - Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Iron Maiden (till Dance of Death, then I feel they got lost), Steve Wilson, etc. Many indie bands are guilty of not evolving. From contemporary mainstream artists, I feel John Mayer has a lot of potential to achieve legendary status.

Paul, have you checked out Marty Freidman's solo work?

Just bought the Stereophonics new album Graffiti on the Train. A truly wonderful piece of music which ebbs and flows. The lyrics seem to dance with the music like an American Smooth dance with some songs. Others hit you like a Sledgehammer.

An epic album that is over too quickly for 10 songs.