• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

neo   

Nirvana,Doors,Velvet underground,Aerosmith,Radiohead,Manic street preachers[till richey james was part of the band)

Dodger   

I've been into all kinds of different stuff over the years, from reggae to soul to jazz to punk to whatever the hell I feel like listening to. Off the top of my head, one CD I'd have no hesitation recommending, re-released not so long ago is At The Chelsea Nightclub by the Members I had this album on vinyl when it was first released. Loved it then and love it even more now.

Benners   
I've been into all kinds of different stuff over the years, from reggae to soul to jazz to punk to whatever the hell I feel like listening to. Off the top of my head, one CD I'd have no hesitation recommending, re-released not so long ago is At The Chelsea Nightclub by the Members I had this album on vinyl when it was first released. Loved it then and love it even more now.

I still listen to this band & have often bored the disinterested to tears about them on this forum. So it seems my gaze can now rise from my belly button & I will have to come to terms with no longer being alone.

However, I was blown away last night at a MARCUS MILLER concert in Nancy. He may not be the cup of tea of Joe Bloggs, but that man is such a pro. He even did two encores & came down to the lobby to sign & meet the audience. Total gent.

He was even speaking French FFS!.

I took a blues guitarist pal who couldn't believe his ears!! - it has to be said we're pretty much cut off from civilisation where I live.But still, it's nice to get to see a living legend once in a while. All that for £20.

my favourite bands are:

Oasis

Arctic Monkeys

Bloc Party

The Killers

Kings Of Leon

new bands that are great are:

The Twang

The Enemy

The Pigeon Detectives

The new Maximo Park single, 'Books From Boxes' is quality. All of their songs seem to grow on me. At first, I only liked 'Apply Some Pressure' on their first album, but after listening to the rest a few times I began to really like them too. Hopefully the new album will keep it up!

MSJunior   
Just booked a ticket to see a one off reunion of Carter USM at the Brixton Academy in November. Loved this band when I was at school. Anyone else remember them from the early nineties? Doubt many of you liked them however! I for one loved their lyrics, including an innovative chucking in of 'get your tits out for the ladies' in Suppose you gave a funeral and nobody came.

Genius to small minds like mine!

Ah, the heady days of the late 80's / early 90's - days of Carter USM, Pop Will Eat Itself, Neds Atomic Dustbin, The Wonder Stuff and the like. Missed out on the tickets for the reunion in Brixton. This will be awesome, particularly as I really am '30 something' now!. Hitched from Swindon in Wiltshire to see Carter in the early nineties at Brixton, and have fond memories of walking back to Paddington Station in the middle of the night, humming 'Midnight on the Murder Mile' and hoping it wasn't gonna come true. Luckily there is no photographic evidence of the Carter-Cut I sported at the time.

I try to listem to as much new stuff at the mo, but imminent move back to London and 2 year old daughter have stunted my CD fund. Seem to listen to stuff I was brought up on by mum and dad (Bowie, Stones, Lou Reed, Led Zep) or things I bought in my youth (17-ish years ago). Will seriously have to invest in a way of tranferring vinyl to my iPod.

Currently listening to Muse. Their new album rocks, so many good tracks.

New Coldplay album out this year which I'm looking forward to, and next year I think U2 are releasing a new one....quality!!

As an aside, Bob Marley, John Lennon and the Shadows should be erased from musical history.

Sister Sledge however, remain musical icons, much like the musical youth!