• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

Musical Tastes

Went to see Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed and In Flames at the London O2 last night. Av 7 were ok, very slick, but a bit too slick. I like an edge to bands when they are live, I don't want it too choreographed as to who goes where on stage etc.

Disturbed were bloody awesome and should have been top billing not 2nd. They really know how to work a crowd.

In Flames were tight as a ducks arse and got the crowd warmed up nicely. The vocals for all 3 were excellent, but the crowd?? The crowd were vocal, knew the songs and tried the odd circle mayhem. But no jumping lunacy or surges. I've seen more at a Stranglers gig, where the average age of the crowd are about 65.

And rucksacks!! Who takes a bloody rucksack to an indoor gig?? Next, you'll see mothers with prams!!

Next up, The Stranglers in Cambridge ( with crowd jumping and surges ).

Adieus Sabbath.

The world would be so much poorer without their peculiar brand of rock music. Thankyou for everything.

1 hour ago, earthshine said:

Adieus Sabbath.

The world would be so much poorer without their peculiar brand of rock music. Thankyou for everything.

Well said.

Listen to their debut album then remember it was made on an eight track recorder in three days. 

They changed the face of rock music forever .

Sciatika   

You had me worried. I thought one of them had died. A very special band. Planet Caravan is one of my all-time favourite tracks.

Ham   

Very much looking forward to seeing Green Day this Wednesday at the O2.  That'll be another one ticked off my list.

Hoping to get tickets for a 'city festival' in July in Glasgow as Radiohead are playing the Friday. 

Then.... I can die content. 

How the heck has Ozzy still got his Brum accent, albeit, a bit slurred? Great band, great tracks, great lead singers over the years too.