• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Albums that I'm listening to at the moment....

'A Certain Trigger' and 'Our Earthly Pleasures' - Maximo Park

'Colour It In' - The Maccabees

'Takk' and '( )' - Sigur Ros

'Funeral' - Arcade Fire

Also various other, older ones, by bands like The Libertines and Oasis albums that I always listen to.

MSJunior   

On a slightly different note, has anybody been to the London Callin' night frequently advertised on the back of the CFCUK fanzine? Advertises live bands and DJ playing mainly Punk, New Wave, 60's / 70's alternative, etc. Near Denmark Street, off of Charing Cross Road. As I'm moving back to London in a couple of weeks time I thought I might give it go.

Wonder if anybody else on here has visited.

Anyone off to Gladstonbury?

Oh how I wish I was!! The greatest live band of all-time, none other than the immortal Cud, are playing there. My sister is there camping out with the Infadels apparently. I love Glastonbury. Anyone going better be there already. Missing a lot if not.

The Editors new song is top notch, easily as good as any song on 'Back Room' which is no mean feat!

Loving Jamie T's album, Panic Prevention.

Litchy   
Loving Jamie T's album, Panic Prevention.

Its a great album. Back in the Game, If You Got The Money, Sheila, Salvador and Operation are some of my best songs. Got the Twang's album today and its fairly good though I expected a bit better, and the Maccabees album is excellent.

Also, went to see Muse at Wembley stadium the other weekend and it was incredible. If you get the chance to see a band that you really like there then do it as its a great experience. The whole of the Wembley pitch jumping up and down to 'Plug in Baby' was a great sight!

And the Maccabees album is excellent.

Yep, that album is quality. 'Precious Time', 'Lego', 'X-Ray', 'First Love' and 'Toothpaste Kisses' are great songs. Everyone seems to love First Love but that's one of my least favourite tracks on the album.

'Smokers Outside Hospital Doors' and 'Spiders' are the only songs I've heard off the new Editors album but they are both superb!

BTW, anyone who likes Milburn should download 'Blow Your Whistle' now! It's not on 'Well Well Well' but it is easily one of their best songs. It really is top notch!

Mehrino   
The Editors new song is top notch, easily as good as any song on 'Back Room' which is no mean feat!

I thought they'd find it hard to produce greats like 'All Sparks' but judging by their latest effort, maybe not. Saw their Glasto set on TV, and imo they were one of the best performers of the lot.

hanuma   

Anyone else think this years Glastonbury was the worst they've ever seen (music-wise). Complete arse gravy.