• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

Musical Tastes

16 minutes ago, blue moon said:

That is seriously impressive bass guitar, although I confess I prefer bass guitar not to sound like the guitarist couldn't find his classical. Suffers from the delusion that fast is class, too - he sounds infinitely better when he keeps it slower. 

Personally prefer Tal Wilkenfeld (but then I'm an old bastard who's only been playing guitar since the 60s), but yer man knows his way round a fretboard for sure. Better without the biscuit tin though.

Derek Smalls , he wrote this. It even had Nigel Tufnel on guitar.

Jeff Beck is really Nigel Tufnel? Well, I suppose I can see why the name change, but Tal's prettier

First LP I ever bought, and still can't play Johnny B Goode anywhere near up to his standards. A real loss.

Chuck Berry , most of what we know and love in rock music , he did first , 90 , not a bad innings , RIP .

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

not a bad innings .

Indeed. As I understand it, Chuck refused to go until God agreed to pay his appearance fee in cash......:).

Saw The Stranglers last night who were supported by The Ruts. Both were banging!!

The Stranglers player a Classic Setwhile The Ruts played old and new. It's the 6th time I've seen the Men in Black and it by far the best. Old men 50+ going loopy in the crowd,oh what fun!

On 27/03/2017 at 4:11 AM, Paul Mcgoochan said:

Saw The Stranglers last night who were supported by The Ruts.

Did their walking frames get in the way, Paul?

:).