Pearl Jam

Alice in Chains

Stone Temple Pilots

Creedance Clearwater Revival

Buddy Rich

The Eagles

Steely Dan

Steve Miller Band

Was mostly joking. Just most of the all time greatest bands and best music in my opinion comes from the UK. I also remember reading here someone saying nothing good has come from the states.

Coheed and Cambria , Mastodon , Weezer , the Ramones , Television, Blondie the list is,endless.

Not endless but yes there are a bunch. I hate the newer garbage that has come out post 2000's. All sounds generic and doesn't have the talent of times before Youtube and downloading anything you want. Anyway my post was meant to be tongue in cheek. Opinions are like ...... you know the rest.

1 hour ago, R2FU99 said:

Was mostly joking. Just most of the all time greatest bands and best music in my opinion comes from the UK. I also remember reading here someone saying nothing good has come from the states.

That was me, and slightly (but only very slightly) tongue-in-cheek... but you have to go back a long, long way! Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Aretha Franklin, etc., etc.

Of those you've both mentioned in earlier posts, very few regularly produced great music; the exceptions being Hendrix, Blondie, Steely Dan and The Eagles. The rest did the odd good album or a few good songs scattered amongst a sea of dross. I am, however, surprised that neither of you mentioned Prince!

A few years ago I almost got excited by Rival Sons (I'd been asked to shoot their gig at The Electric Ballroom in Camden), but whilst their first album was good, they've failed to repeat their early glory. Other than Prince, I can't think of an American artist or band post 1980 worth listening to on a regular basis. For example, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have done some good songs, but fewer than a dozen songs (if that!) worth listening to over a 30+ year period is hardly something to shout about. Same can be said of Guns 'n Roses, Pearl Jam, etc.

6 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Anyone heard of White Denim.  Some band!

Yeah me ! I have one of theirs , I think it's called "Lemonade" , haven't listened to it for a while , I'll dig it out !