• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Have you ever seen a baby attached to a man's nipple? 🤔

No, but it was how she explained why men had them.

JaneB   
25 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

No, but it was how she explained why men had them.

Ok :)

Maybe we should start a thread titled "Talk any bollocks you like". 

Oooh slightly back on topic, I went to see The Beach Boys at Hampton Court on Saturday. My mate wangled back stage passes with meet and greet access. If I'm honest I'm not a huge fan (and most of them are now dead or mad anyway) but I got to meet and have a little chat with what's left. Very good gig too I have to say.

5 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Oooh slightly back on topic, I went to see The Beach Boys at Hampton Court on Saturday. My mate wangled back stage passes with meet and greet access. If I'm honest I'm not a huge fan (and most of them are now dead or mad anyway) but I got to meet and have a little chat with what's left. Very good gig too I have to say.

Who is left then ? Al Jardine , Mike Love and Brain Wilson only I think ????

JaneB   
5 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

That's most threads already isn't it? 

Aah.....Good Vibrations, God Only Knows 💕

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Who is left then ? Al Jardine , Mike Love and Brain Wilson only I think ????

Mike Love and Bruce Johnston are the only true Beach Boys left in this line up. Brian Wilson now does his own thing. A bloke called Geoffrey something has been with them since the late 70s. He tends to do all the high bits now. Mike Loves son was also in the band....vocals and guitar. They got a great singing drummer too. 

6 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Mike Love and Bruce Johnston are the only true Beach Boys left in this line up. Brian Wilson now does his own thing. A bloke called Geoffrey something has been with them since the late 70s. He tends to do all the high bits now. Mike Loves son was also in the band....vocals and guitar. They got a great singing drummer too. 

I think Al Jardine is ancient now so no surprises that he doesn't want to tour I suppose , Bruce Johnson was Brian's stand in when Brian refused to tour after his breakdown in the late sixties and has been in the band for donkeys years now , from what I've read on the subject Brian cannot stand Mike Love so again no surprises there !

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think Al Jardine is ancient now so no surprises that he doesn't want to tour I suppose , Bruce Johnson was Brian's stand in when Brian refused to tour after his breakdown in the late sixties and has been in the band for donkeys years now , from what I've read on the subject Brian cannot stand Mike Love so again no surprises there !

There's also something about the wives hating each other. Bands are their politics are very strange and it's amazing any of them stay together for any time....there is just so much that can piss members off. Here's an incite into the pettiness that can bothers them. I mentioned to Bruce Johnstone that I had some friends in Brighton that had a tribute band called The Brighton Beach Boys. Amazingly he said to me rather coldly "yeah I heard of them" . So I replied to him laughing "not in a litigious way I hope!". He said nothing. When I spoke to my mate later he told me the Beach Boys had indeed tried to sue their little pub band for using the same name. 

My meet and greet went a bit down hill after that!! 

London O2 tonight, Iron Maiden. Last time I saw them was for the Powerslave tour in '84 at the Ipswich Gaumont.