• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Don Keebles said:

London O2 tonight, Iron Maiden. Last time I saw them was for the Powerslave tour in '84 at the Ipswich Gaumont.

Last time I saw then was Reading festival with Bruce Dickinson singing . I'm a Di'Anno purist I'm afraid. Bruce sounds like Mr Cadbury's parrot to my ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2018 at 3:01 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Last time I saw then was Reading festival with Bruce Dickinson singing . I'm a Di'Anno purist I'm afraid. Bruce sounds like Mr Cadbury's parrot to my ears.

IMO, all 3 singers have produced good songs. To me, Iron Maiden are 'Ronseal', they do exactly what it says on the tin. You know what you are going to get with them, but in a good way.

Killswitch Engage were fantastic as support band. I've heard of them but don't know much about them. I could have listened to them as the main act to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Don Keebles said:

IMO, all 3 singers have produced good songs. To me, Iron Maiden are 'Ronseal', they do exactly what it says on the tin. You know what you are going to get with them, but in a good way.

Killswitch Engage were fantastic as support band. I've heard of them but don't know much about them. I could have listened to them as the main act to be fair.

Glad you enjoyed it , I saw them numerous times in the early eighties just before the first album came out and again when the second came out , I also saw them at the Rainbow which was Bruce's first gig . I saw him singing for Samson a couple of times too .

Praying Mantis were the original support group , they were good too and French band Trust on the second tour who were amazing.

Nice to see another metal head on here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Glad you enjoyed it , I saw them numerous times in the early eighties just before the first album came out and again when the second came out , I also saw them at the Rainbow which was Bruce's first gig . I saw him singing for Samson a couple of times too .

Praying Mantis were the original support group , they were good too and French band Trust on the second tour who were amazing.

Nice to see another metal head on here .

Praying Mantis, bloody hell, that's a blast from the past. The weird thing about a Maiden concert, are the t-shirts. At any other metal concert, there will be all manner of different t-shirts featuring different bands being worn by the fans. Last night, nearly every man and his dog was wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt. Which is probably why I stood out by wearing a Saxon t-shirt.

The Iron Maiden fans are almost like a cult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   
1 hour ago, Don Keebles said:

 

The Iron Maiden fans are almost like a cult.

Not a typo I hope.😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now