• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

chara   

"King of Queens",,,discussion/argument in car....."Reverend Blue Jeans"..trendy cleric!.......

Ham   
5 minutes ago, chara said:

"King of Queens",,,discussion/argument in car....."Reverend Blue Jeans"..trendy cleric!.......

Haha.  I remember that episode.  Loved that show.  Right up there with Seinfeld.  

chara   

Too much time on my hands but scrolled back a bit and found an old archived Johnny Cash topic.....I am a bit dated with my music stuff but I am OLD......

Must have seen JC in concert 6/7 times in UK...for those who know what it means with Mother Maybelle on autoharp a coup[e of times....

A one off indeed. Giants walked the stage back then...

My most up to date music is probably Zac Brown ,John Mayer and Amos Lee.....not exactly ahead of the curve!...but I do range from Pavaratti....to...Michael Martin Murphy...with many genres in between!

Ham   

Went to see one half of UB40 live at the weekend and they were disappointing. Chose to play their commercial pop hits rather than the first two albums. 

Anyway, the silver lining was the the brilliant Gentleman's Dub Club were supporting and the absolutely stole the show..... I've since gone through their entire back catalogue.  If you fancy it, have a listen to them....

On 9/16/2021 at 8:22 AM, chara said:

Too much time on my hands but scrolled back a bit and found an old archived Johnny Cash topic.....I am a bit dated with my music stuff but I am OLD......

Ditto, I'm afraid :).

On 9/16/2021 at 8:22 AM, chara said:

Must have seen JC in concert 6/7 times in UK

Saw the great Johnny Cash a few times myself.  Once in the UK; once in the U.S., and once in Oz. Never fell short of being brilliant, and always had a great band backing him, plus June Carter of course !

Also saw The Highwaymen a few times, with JC, Waylon, Willie and Kristofferson.  Sensational, it has to be said! Great writers, and great performers.

chara   

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Ditto, I'm afraid :).

Saw the great Johnny Cash a few times myself.  Once in the UK; once in the U.S., and once in Oz. Never fell short of being brilliant, and always had a great band backing him, plus June Carter of course !

Also saw The Highwaymen a few times, with JC, Waylon, Willie and Kristofferson.  Sensational, it has to be said! Great writers, and great performers.

Right on MT...when and where in the UK?...if you can remember....maybe we passed each other!,,as far as I can recall...Walthamstow twice...Albert Hall..Croyden a couple of times Hammersmith London Paladium.....only seen The Highwaymen on tv although,of course, have the cd's. I even had "The Road Goes On Forever and the party never ends" on my answer m/c in the Caribbean!

I might have mentioned it before but saw "The Million Dollar Quartet" in Denver,,,Cash, Elvis. Jerry Lee and Carl Perkins ...a legendary session..not sure if it actually happened but the guys playing the Greats were exceptional...the audience were "Of an Age" and it was a great rocking show...Jerry Lee was brilliant and the guy playing Carl Perkins ..imo..as said to Mrs C on the way out "I saw Carl Perkins live..(with the JC tour)that guy was better!

Kris is a poet....can bring me to tears almost...Willie is just Willie..enough said  and Waylon fits in perfectly..ever come across his song "Old Timer"?

As I  said earlier,,,Giants walked the stage..... "HALLO I'M JOHNNY CASH"....."I met her accidently in St Paul........" as I remember the opening moment every time....

6 hours ago, chara said:

Right on MT...when and where in the UK?...if you can remember....maybe we passed each other!,,as far as I can recall...Walthamstow twice...Albert Hall..Croyden a couple of times Hammersmith London Paladium

The Albert Hall as far as I can remember. Used to go there and London Palladium quite a bit, particularly during the early 70's. Also where you could see the big rock and folk acts perform!

6 hours ago, chara said:

.....only seen The Highwaymen on tv although,of course, have the cd's.

Brilliant live, I have to say. Only Willie and Chris left now, of course.

6 hours ago, chara said:

Kris is a poet....can bring me to tears almost...Willie is just Willie..enough said  and Waylon fits in perfectly..ever come across his song "Old Timer"?

As I  said earlier,,,Giants walked the stage..... "HALLO I'M JOHNNY CASH"....."I met her accidently in St Paul........" as I remember the opening moment every time....

All of them were great songwriters, of course. I still play them all regularly.

Sciatika   
10 hours ago, chara said:

Right on MT...when and where in the UK?...if you can remember....maybe we passed each other!,,as far as I can recall...Walthamstow twice...Albert Hall..Croyden a couple of times Hammersmith London Paladium.....only seen The Highwaymen on tv although,of course, have the cd's. I even had "The Road Goes On Forever and the party never ends" on my answer m/c in the Caribbean!

The council closed the Assembly Rooms. It was the only large-scale venue in the area. I am not a huge fan of neo-Stalinist architecture, but its loss will be felt. They are converting the town hall (on the same site) into more blocks of flats to go with the blocks of flats in the town centre, in the old Homebase site, the various sites in Chingford, Leyton, Hyams Park and the Wood Street area. I suspect the assembly rooms will go the same way.

chara   
10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

The Albert Hall as far as I can remember. Used to go there and London Palladium quite a bit, particularly during the early 70's. Also where you could see the big rock and folk acts perform!

Brilliant live, I have to say. Only Willie and Chris left now, of course.

All of them were great songwriters, of course. I still play them all regularly.

Albert Hall...hmm...do remember something from there....an old friend of mine...sadly passed last year...met my gf and me outside but his gf cried off at the last minute,,,forget why...so he had a spare ticket.....passed it on to a guy...maybe sold it...loooong time ago....not you MT?......smile.....

6 hours ago, Sciatika said:

The council closed the Assembly Rooms. It was the only large-scale venue in the area. I am not a huge fan of neo-Stalinist architecture, but its loss will be felt. They are converting the town hall (on the same site) into more blocks of flats to go with the blocks of flats in the town centre, in the old Homebase site, the various sites in Chingford, Leyton, Hyams Park and the Wood Street area. I suspect the assembly rooms will go the same way.

Was at a cinema...that's all I remember really except second time a fill in bass player (think bass).!