• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

chara   
58 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

No Chara, not me :).

Thank goodness for that...would have been too weird!....Another "regular: and I were 25 yards apart at OT for the Leeds clash...that was funny enough...

Sciatika   
14 hours ago, chara said:

Albert Hall...hmm...do remember something from there....an old friend of mine...sadly passed last year...met my gf and me outside but his gf cried off at the last minute,,,forget why...so he had a spare ticket.....passed it on to a guy...maybe sold it...loooong time ago....not you MT?......smile.....

Was at a cinema...that's all I remember really except second time a fill in bass player (think bass).!

Also closed, I'm afraid.

I saw Spinal Tap at the Albert Hall and couldn't believe how nice everyone was to a bunch of Grebos , I got called Sir ! And they said please and thank you in the bar. Unheard of.

chara   

Albert Hall......saw 007 playing in a charity tennis thingy there....Manitas de Plata....and performed myself in front of a full house...two showings!

13 hours ago, chara said:

Manitas de Plata

A legend of flamenco guitar......never saw him live in concert, sadly, but owned 4 of his superb albums. Much his work can be found on YouTube - check out Por el camino de Ronda as  one (brilliant) example! Then just sit back and enjoy :).

chara   
10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

A legend of flamenco guitar......never saw him live in concert, sadly, but owned 4 of his superb albums. Much his work can be found on YouTube - check out Por el camino de Ronda as  one (brilliant) example! Then just sit back and enjoy :).

Ronda is a funny town back up from the coast near Estapona.....visited a time or two..has "it's claimed" the oldest Bull Ring in Spain.....my link ('ish),,,,raised hairs on the back of my neck at the concert,,,the same reaction walking out into the open Bull Ring...museum on site....

Little Hands of Silver....have some classical Spanish guitar Cd's but none of his.....have you seen the live concert of Segovia playing at the Alhambra in Granada?

When the dust settles after the game today I'll go through my Cd collection and note the "eccentric" corner...wonder if there are other shared not necessarily main stream occupants!

And the road to Ronda is , or was, an "interesting" one. A classic Hotel there ..I think..memory a bit fuzzy...Churchill stayed there but could be wrong..a "sister" classic Hotel in Algerciras.... what trivia we collect as the journey progresses!

Mrs C enjoying "My Life Is Murder"..(Melbourne?)...me not so much but ok.

9 hours ago, chara said:

Little Hands of Silver....have some classical Spanish guitar Cd's but none of his.....have you seen the live concert of Segovia playing at the Alhambra in Granada?

No doubt that Sergovia was a great player, but for me nobody touches Manitas, when it comes to passions & fire. Absolutely superb.

chara   
2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

No doubt that Sergovia was a great player, but for me nobody touches Manitas, when it comes to passions & fire. Absolutely superb.

No argument from me MT..I'm just amazed that anyone on here knew who I was talking about let alone actually appreciated the man's amazing talent.

I was "told" that the original art of Flamenco was in the vocal rendition and had it demonstrated one time in a very real Andaluce gathering....only as a comment and not as a fact...just what I was told.

Great result today...I do dislike That Lot....goes back to schooldays and the "hanger on" kids who couldn't play the game but gave us s*** about "That Lot"...only to fade away as the years caught up!

1 minute ago, chara said:

No argument from me MT..I'm just amazed that anyone on here knew who I was talking about let alone actually appreciated the man's amazing talent.

It's because I'm old, mate  :).

chara   
Just now, Michael Tucker said:

It's because I'm old, mate  :).

And have a wide horizon and an aged..as in wine and good advice.....sense of the subtle and fine things available!!!!