• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Anyone who likes Sigur Ros (are there any other fans out there?)

Of course there are.

My main tastes lie within 70's prog rock, which is almost another world from what most other people listen to.

I do like a bit of everything though, classical and jazz obviously being two of my big genres. I can enjoy most things which combine good musicianship with intelligent songwriting.

Most modern pop music like indie and hip hop doesn't interest me in the slightest. And no I'm not 50, I'm 18

What I'm listening too atm:

Cherry Ghost - Thirst For Romance

Ben's Brother - Beta Male Fairtytales

The Shins - Wincing the Night Away

Stereophonics - Language, Sex, Violence, Other?

David Gray - Life in Slow Motion

I find Cherry Ghost boring on the whole, but that single 'People Help The People' is just amazing.

Litchy   

Just got back from the Reading Festival, it was bloody brilliant!

The top 5 for me in terms of atmosphere and performance were:

1) Pigeon Detectives

2) Jamie T

3) Kings Of Leon

4) The Maccabees

5) Interpol

'By The Way' by the Chillis was arguably song of the weekend, but overall the Chillis were pretty dissapointing. They kept having to cover for Anthony when he went off to get oxygen, and while I can appreciate that they are quality at their instruments, 10 minute jamming sessions between songs is a little to much! Overall, quality weekend, and good way to celebrate GCSE results!

Giff   

The Shins are very cool.

Anyone else la la love the Pixies?

One of the greatest bands ever in my eyes.

My ipod has Madness, Hendrix, the Sex Pistols, Sinatra, even Elgar - a broad cross section of musical taste.

Saying all that - my favourite chilled out moments on holiday are sitting on the balcony, plugging in the speakers, putting some Frank Sinatra on the ipod and crack open a beer while watching the sun go down before going out for the night - sheer perfection.

I like your style

My holiday chill out disc was the Beach Boys Greatest Hits - drivin to the beach, wetsuit on, surfboards freshly waxed listenning to Little Deuce Coupe, Fun, Fun, Fun and California Girls etc

My MP3 player is loaded up with old AC/DC (Bon Scott era), Aerosmith, UFO, The Who, Van Halen, The Jam, Led Zeppelin at the mo. try as I might I can't give up listenning to rock music from the 70's and early 80's. Just f**kin crank up the volume and enjoy

Last time I went to Reading Festival was 1983 - which was supposed to be the last ever

Litchy   

I would advise anyone into Indie/Alternative music to check out these two bands:

http://www.myspace.com/bombaybicycleclub

http://www.myspace.com/cajundanceparty

Both played at Reading this year and were excellent. They are also both bands of 17 year olds. One or both of them will be pretty big sometime soon, mark my words.

What I'm listening to ATM:

Editors - Escape the Nest

Babyshambles - F*** Forever

Joe Purdy - Wash Away

The Bravery - Honest Mistake

The Twang - Got Me Sussed

Art Brut - Emily Kane

Kate Nash - Skeleton Song

Milburn - What You Could Have Won

The Sounds - Painted by Numbers

The Enemy - We'll Live and Die in These Towns

The National - Start a War

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion

We Are Scientists - Hoppipolla (Cover)

Flo17   

I had a look at the two bands that Litchy mentioned and I'm impressed. I expect them to hit the mainstream in the near future.

I had a look at the two bands that Litchy mentioned and I'm impressed. I expect them to hit the mainstream in the near future.

Well for those of us who read NME and the such, Bombay Bicycle Club are already pretty well known I suppose. I don't like em

I'm listening to:

-Iron Maiden - The Trooper

-AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long

-Foghat - Slow Ride

-Strokes - Reptilia

-The Libertines - Every song, libertines are bloody amazing :D