• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

OzzyCFC   

If you are a Clash fan make sure you catch, Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten. It was one of the best Doco's I've seen in a while. It also has a great soundtrack.

Any prog rock fans out there heading to RUSH tuesday/wednesday gig at Wembley?

Mehrino   

'Control' a film about the turbulent life of Joy Division's frontman Ian Curtis has been getting rave reviews in the papers. Sounds a definite must watch for any JD fans.

Can't wait to hear some new Alicia Keys songs. Love the woman. Amazing voice, good music, and good lyrics. She has her own style and doesn't sound like a record label-rehash. Classy woman, too, having avoided the slutsification of women by the mainstream music industry. She lets her music do the talking.

The new single 'No One' was good, but her best songs still for me is 'Fallin' and 'Diary' (can still listen to these classics after all the multiple listening).

Anyone get Milburn's new album? The I haven't even seen it stocked in one shop in my local shopping centre so I wouldn't be surprised if no one has.

I ordered 6 CD's from Amazon the other day and the damn postal strike has majorly delayed them. : (

'Control' a film about the turbulent life of Joy Division's frontman Ian Curtis has been getting rave reviews in the papers. Sounds a definite must watch for any JD fans.

Out Monday I think, really want to see it but not sure it'll get nationwide showing.

Mehrino   
Out Monday I think, really want to see it but not sure it'll get nationwide showing.

It's a shame that it won't be shown country-wide. From all reviews I've read it's one of the major British films of the year. I can't currently get it anywhere near me but hopefully that'll change.

Having just seen the taster clips it seems that the guy playing Ian Curtis sings in his own voice. I have to say that the physical resemblance is uncanny, interesting to see if the voice is too.

It's a shame that it won't be shown country-wide. From all reviews I've read it's one of the major British films of the year. I can't currently get it anywhere near me but hopefully that'll change.

Having just seen the taster clips it seems that the guy playing Ian Curtis sings in his own voice. I have to say that the physical resemblance is uncanny, interesting to see if the voice is too.

Just had a look and its not on anywhere local for me, but it'll be well worth a drive I think.

Music I like ?? Well good question Peter.

Being a youth in the 60' s I much preferred The Stones to the Beatles. Then Ska and Reggae really woke me up, Tamla, Stax and anything on Trojan .

Apart from Bob Marley the 70's were pretty rank until the arrival of punk. The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Damned were a breath of fresh air, later followed by The Jam. Paul Weller - still the Modfather in my view. I loved the ska revival and Two Tone records in the 80's.

In the 90's I think Blur over Oasis, but it was close

I've got to be honest and say very few recent bands do it for me. can't think of one I could name and say I bought their stuff.

I despise prefabricated bands. Leave the planet !!

Its an album from last year or so but I finally bought the Subways album, had to order it and it took ages to come in...saw them at the big day out I think a few years ago...love the CD...

any info on their new album anyone???