• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Pete Doherty is a genius, but people sadly allow their judgement of his musical ability to be clouded by the fact that he is a drug addict.

My judgment of Pete Doherty is clouded by the fact he's a complete knob.

His music is quality and TBH that's all that matters to me. Other stars are probably knobs too.

Still prefer Carl Barât's DPT though.

The sad thing about Pete isn't either that he uses drugs or lets his record company hire people like Mick Jones to produce his records that allow him to come in in whatever state he likes(and it's no wonder that the stricter Street regime got a better album out of him this time round).

No Pete's problem is that he lets the press rape him so readily for paid exclusives just to either further his habits/pay for more implants when he's clearly not ready or just so he can get some cash for acting like "a complete nob".

I don't know how he's managed to keep his dull soap opera carrying on so long-is ANYONE shocked that a rock star uses drugs?Was anyone shocked that Kate Moss had used coke either?

The bloke is very talented but someone in his life needs to develop some stability as every time you read he's sorting himself out he himself dashes it by appearing in the red tops with another dull "aren't I naughty" story.He's a junkie with a chaotic intake of Crack and Opiates and if people would stop paying him for the same story he might sit still long enough to get some meaningful help.I hope he does as he really has something special that risks being lost among the so-called scandal.

I'd rather have Babyshambles around than F***ing Razorlight.

I'd rather have Babyshambles around than F***ing Razorlight.

Couldn't agree more! Razorlight are the most overrated band ever. Johnney Borrel.... now there's a complete knob!

Radiohead's latest offering, 'In Rainbows' is availably to download from their website, and you can pay what ever you want, or nothing at all!

I think it's a great move from the band, and it could possibly revolutionize the way other bands offer their music,

Look here if you're interested:

http://www.inrainbows.com/

I agree its a great idea, and I'm all for revolutionising the way music is sold. ( especially if its free ) Then I read in a paper this week that Cliff Richard has just done the same thing with his latest abomination. I kid you not. Thats p****d on my revolutionary fireworks then. Thanks Cliff

The whole Editors album is class IMO, my favourites being 'An End Has a Start,' 'Weight of the World,' and 'Racing Rats.'

And I now have different favourites. This album is one of my favourite EVER. The tracks have all grown on me and I never skip one.

What I'm listening to at the moment:

The Futureheads - Hounds Of Love

Babyshambles - Sedative

The Brightlights - Inspired By

Editors - Push Your Head Towards The Air

The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

The Courteeners - Acrylic

Andrew Bird - Heretics

Simone White - Beep Beep Song

Coconut Records - West Coast

Biffy Clyro - Machines

Young Knives - Terra Firma

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Anne Elephant

Ska and reggae is the work of the devil. It makes me want to claw out my eyes.

Don't get me started on Bob Marley.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I'm stunned quite frankly. In fact gobsmacked. My how you would have hated The Shed End in the late 60's/early 70's

How about a favourite all time top 3 tracks/singles.

Heres mine.

1. Sparta F.C. - The Fall.

2. Love will tear us apart - Joy Division.

3. Paranoid Android - Radiohead.