• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Litchy   
Aye. Wikipedia does say it reached #30 in the UK charts, so hit isn't the right word.

The whole song is a full of irony. One minute he says not to take the names of a few guys in vain (right after saying not to worship pop idols), and later on he says not to put bands in ridiculous pedestals.

They explain their thoughts

. Didn't realise what 'kill' meant. Thought they were going on about violence for awhile.

It was a hit in the indie music scene, but not so well known in the mainstream. Loads of London indie kids seem to treat as their bible, which can get a bit annoying. I liek them though, and they are now one of my favourite bands/collaborations. I saw them at the Reading festival and they were quality. I like the line about the word 'Phoenix' and the 'some guys are just nice' one!

If you like them try listening to the songs 'Angles' and 'Beat That My Heart Skipped'!

They are both on their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/lesacvspip

Loads of London indie kids seem to treat as their bible, which can get a bit annoying.

Not a problem for me due to the lack of London indie kids outside of London.

Zidane   

Going against the grain, my favourite genre of music is Hip Hop (more specifically UK Hip Hop). Overall though I'll listen to anything provided it isn't indie or emo.

To give you an idea of the kind of Hip Hop I like, here's a few I love:

US: Tupac, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Notorious BIG, Nas, Wu-Tang Clan, Immortal Technique, Talib Kweli, Common, A Tribe Called Quest, Ras Kass, Big Pun, Mos Def.

UK: Klashnekoff, Lowkey, Braintax, Yungun, Kyza, Mr Ti2bs, Roots Manuva, Taskforce, Foreign Beggars, Jehst, Skinnyman, Lewis Parker, DJ IQ, Akala, Blak Twang, Bashy.

It was a hit in the indie music scene, but not so well known in the mainstream. Loads of London indie kids seem to treat as their bible, which can get a bit annoying. I like them though, and they are now one of my favourite bands/collaborations. I saw them at the Reading festival and they were quality. I like the line about the word 'Phoenix' and the 'some guys are just nice' one!

If you like them try listening to the songs 'Angles' and 'Beat That My Heart Skipped'!

They are both on their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/lesacvspip

Both songs are really good. I like the flow of words. Must keep an eye on these guys.

As for:

Loads of London indie kids seem to treat as their bible, which can get a bit annoying. I like them though, and they are now one of my favourite bands/collaborations.

I think they've even thought of that one:

Thou shalt not stop liking a band just because they have become popular;

Woah, they're good :)

OzzyCFC   
Oasis are not just a band!!!!! =D

I'd give him Oasis, but the Clash? The Clash are not JUST a band.

What is your favourite ever cover version?

For me:

Hoppippola - We Are Scientists

Orange Crush - Editors

Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez

Mehrino   
Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez

Listening to that right this minute, and it really is sublime. He's also done a version of 'Teardrop' by Massive Attack, which is equally as impressive.

todongo   

I'm certainly interested in hearing from anyone with recommendations. esp. anyone who loves Daft Punk and some of the electronic stuff from the FIFA soundtracks--ie. Bodyrox, Simian Mobile Disco.

Peter: I'd agree that it doesn't seem there are many great American music artists now. But I'm out of the loop.

Have you listened to Modest Mouse or Built to Spill? that's if you like rock/alternative. A band I found on the FIFA 07 sndtrk from NYC: Young Love. also: "Mobile," and "Santogold" --I think from NY too. I'm guessing you don't listen to metal? what about electronic? dark or just dancey and happy?

Regarding RHCP lyrics: what the hell do you write lyrically after so many years anyway? 10 new love songs or 5 new political songs. Sorry, I don't see lyrics being a big factor in the music personally.

My number one recommendation for everyone is to listen to as many Daft Punk tracks you can. If you want some Brazilian pop, try O Rappa. For those of you wanting something electronic, and little darker, but poppish: The Knife, from Sweden seems pretty good, but I haven't listened to much.

How popular is M.I.A. in the U.K.?

If you've any recommendations, send me a message. I'm not a top 40 guy--usually. My first fav band was The Cure.

Edited by todongo