• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Peter: I'd agree that it doesn't seem there are many great American music artists now. But I'm out of the loop.

Have you listened to Modest Mouse or Built to Spill? that's if you like rock/alternative.

I agree with Peter in that there are many quality British bands out there. Bands such as The Maccabees, Milburn, The Rifles, Little Man Tate, The Paddingtons, Young Knives etc. don't get much radio time but are really good.

There are a few American bands that I like though. The National, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Cold War Kids, We Are Scientists and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are all great.

Sorry, I don't see lyrics being a big factor in the music personally.

They are a massive part for me. It depends what type of music it is but a lyrically good or clever song appeals to me much more. I read an interview with Tom Smith from the Editors and he said that anyone can write songs about 'Ruby Ruby Ruby!'. It is much more rewarding for me if I can relate to the words of a song.

I recommend the Twilight Sad to anyone too. They are a Scottish band that sound very Scottish! :D That sounds stupid but have a listen!

todongo   
I recommend the Twilight Sad to anyone too. They are a Scottish band that sound very Scottish! :D That sounds stupid but have a listen!

Thnx for the rec.

Some interesting sounds there... I'll have to listen more to find an interesting rhythm. Have you listened to Built to Spill?

Edited by Jon_Doyle

Off to see Alice Cooper, Motorhead and Joan Jett at Wembley tonight - Joan's looking great for 50 and Alice - well he looked 59 when he was 29 really.

Alice Cooper - no, I saw him at the Wembley Empire Pool (now Arena) in 1975 on the Welcome to My Nightmare tour and he didn't look a day over 40. (He'd have been 27) And he jumped around like a 16 year old.

Good concert (did anyone call them gigs then?) - and I can be sure because about 5 years ago I ran into a dvd of it (bits taken from 4 different nights) in a bargain basement.

Alice Cooper - no, I saw him at the Wembley Empire Pool (now Arena) in 1975 on the Welcome to My Nightmare tour and he didn't look a day over 40. (He'd have been 27) And he jumped around like a 16 year old.

Good concert (did anyone call them gigs then?) - and I can be sure because about 5 years ago I ran into a dvd of it (bits taken from 4 different nights) in a bargain basement.

Which night did you see him in 1975? I went on the Thursday. I had a fairly side on view of the giant spider's web but it still rates as one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I've seen him 8 times in all (unfortunately 6 of them being at Wembley Arena which still has the acoustics of the swimming pool it was built as) the other two were at the Hammersmith Apollo.

Here's a pic from last night

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...ab-234aa77fcc7c

Edited by Duffo The Bear

Which night did you see him in 1975? I went on the Thursday. I had a fairly side on view of the giant spider's web but it still rates as one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I've seen him 8 times in all (unfortunately 6 of them being at Wembley Arena which still has the acoustics of the swimming pool it was built as) the other two were at the Hammersmith Apollo.

Let me think now, 1975, well it must have been the Thursday. It probably was too - it was school holidays and my first big concert - I'd have been too scared to try to get tickets for the Saturday in case it sold out early since I had to send off a cheque in the post, and was trying to impress my mates by getting hte tickets. I remember being a long way back but having a straight on view of it all. The dvd though seems ot be an amalgam of all 4 ?) nights. Haven't seen him since, though. And I suspect that the Billion dollar babies tour a couple of yes earlier was his peak. It is his best music anyway.

I've been watching these guys alot on You Tube. Don't think I've posted it before.

The 2nd is my favourite,boy,are they great live.

Who? AC/DC.

OzzyCFC   

I had the pleasure of being witness the greatest band in the world again last night (third time) and was once again blown away by the phenomenon that is MUSE. These guys just keep getting bigger and better.

Muse are incredible, I went to see them about 3 years ago at the NEC. Insane! Matt Bellamy was moonwalking across the stage whilst playing the guitar solo in Hysteria!!