• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Benners   

Interesting. Does their studio work come out well ? they seem that they could be more like a perfomance band rather than something that gets lost with over producing.

Thnx for the rec.

Some interesting sounds there... I'll have to listen more to find an interesting rhythm. Have you listened to Built to Spill?

TBH I've never heard of them. Cheers I'l check them out! :)

Alicia keys new song is nice, but dont think I'll go as far as buying the album.

Presently, I'm enjoying Kanye West's Homecoming, Emmy Rossum's Anymore, and Beowulf's soundtrack (an amazing soundtrack to a surprisingly good movie. Best soundtrack I've had the pleasure of listening for quite some time, probably going back to Lord of the Rings).

Kanye Wests new album ayone ?

Not a fan, but I listened to some of the album. Flash Lights and Champion are okay, Stronger and Good Life are good. Homecoming is a fine song, with a great tune.

He's talented, I'll give him that. Most mainstream and high-selling rappers/hip-hoppers/RnB singers aren't even decent.

Anyone hear Soulja Boy 'Crank That'? How that can even be considered music surprises me, forget it actually selling.

What is your favourite ever cover version?

For me:

Hoppippola - We Are Scientists

Orange Crush - Editors

Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez

not really a benefit to people overseas but an Aussie comedian Andrew Denton hosted a radio show where musical acts would come in and do covers...Aussie artist Paul Kelly did an awesome version of Little Red Corvette by Prince

I had the pleasure of being witness the greatest band in the world again last night (third time) and was once again blown away by the phenomenon that is MUSE. These guys just keep getting bigger and better.

saw them at the Big Day Out a few years back...unbelievable...twas a great year that year...Muse, The Strokes, Metallica

Interesting. Does their studio work come out well? They seem that they could be more like a perfomance band rather than something that gets lost with over producing.

Difficult to nail down tbh.

might be more typical of what they do.

I'm picking up some interesting stuff through www.pandora.com from which this got bought. Very nice from Fareed Haque and

particularly (both now in Garaj Mahal). More recent and varied Eckhardt
and