• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Have you not heard the Libertines?

Doherty wrote all there songs and sang them with Carl Barat (Dirty Pretty Things) and they are quality songs. He si a quality songwriter, and the new Babyshambles EP basically proves that. I knwo what you mean, he can seem like a complete w***** sometimes, but some of the songs he's written are brilliant. I dont knwo what sort of music you are into but listen to 'can't Stand Me Now', 'Dont Look Back Into The Sun', 'What A Waster' and 'What Katie Did' and you'll probably relaise how good a songwriter he is.

I have to admit I wasnt aware he wrote them...I do like "dont look back into the sun" and "what katie did" but yeah, I didn't know he wrote them...hmmmm...who would`ve thought that a tool who suffers from massive drug and alcohol abuse and incredible self esteem issues, can still serve a purpose.

ps. did I mix up the Libertines with the Dresden Dolls? or was Pete in both?

Dano   

Ok, didn't know that, The Libertines are not at all bad. Still I don't think he's as good as he think's he is and Kate Moss does wonders for his profile, which makes me wonder whether I should start sniffing glue (can't afford coke sorry) and dating models.

The 2 bands I'm listening to at the moment are Rammstein ( those in the film XXX ) and this lot

http://www.becomingthearchetype.com/contact.php, they're a Christian thrash metal band. Hard to believe that such a band exists. Click on the media section and you can listen to the whole album. Might not be to everyones taste.

Oasis

Kasabian

Stone Roses

Happy Mondays

The Charltans

On the Libertines topic Pete Docherty is a very very talented young man,he is just a junkie prick into the bargain and personally I can't stand him,the songs that Itchy Fc stated are all amazing with What A Waster and can't Stand Me Now being fantastic in my opinion.

I love Madness, not so much their newer stuff, but the old 80's music like Baggy Trousers, House Of Fun etc. I went to see them a good few years back at Wembley Arena, it has to be the best gigs I've ever seen. On a personal basis, there are all sorts of genres of music that I like. I can't just stick to one kind.

I suppose some of the best CD's I have are from bands like Primal Scream, Stone Roses, Joy Division and Oasis. It really depends on what mood I'm in as to what music I listen to though. If I'm on my way to Stamford Bridge, I'll listen to music that'll pump me up before a game, but it has to end with Blue Day by Suggs, the 1997 FA Cup Final mix.

Regarding The Libertines, I've got their CD of the same name and love it. I've also got the Babyshambles CD, Down In Albion and love that too. Whatever Doherty does to his own body on the drugs front is up to him, as someone that likes his music though I hope that somehow he kicks the habit otherwise he'll be dead very soon.

Still, there's probably more chance of Ronnie Corbett being named the tallest person in the world than Doherty kicking the habit.

Pete Doherty is a genius, but people sadly allow their judgement of his musical ability to be clouded by the fact that he is a drug addict.

aniaw   
Pete Doherty is a genius, but people sadly allow their judgement of his musical ability to be clouded by the fact that he is a drug addict.

True and I'd be one of them. When someone is constantly on the front page for being such a tool, I lose all interest and I'm happy to not know about their music ability. That and he's a QPR fan.

Anyway, current 5 bands I like :

Hard-fi

Snow Patrol

The Rifles

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Young Knives

Ones that I think will pick up more publicity/interest next year :

Milburn

The Maccabees

Hot Club de Paris

The Paddingtons

Kate Nash

All highly recommended.

Thanks for the 2nd list aniaw! I'm going to check them out soon.

And I love Yeah Yeah Yeahs too! Try listen to Y-Control with The Faint's remix...it's top notch!

Mehrino   

Fave bands have to be:

1. The Beatles (The Love album is probably the best I've ever owned)

2. The Smiths/Morrissey (Need I say anymore)

3. Pink Floyd

4. Coldplay

5. The Jam

6. The Fratellis

7. Oasis

I'm only 16 but modern music just doesnt cut it compared with some of this stuff. CLASSICS!

Mehrino. Without wanting to be patronising, I think it's good to see a dude of your age liking this type of music, compared to some of the b***ocks that a lot of your peer group listen to.