• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Benners   

I just got back from Dijon where last night I was lucky enough to see 'Les Rita Mitzouko' (minus Fréd Chichon who died last year).

Catherine Ringer is so outrageously talented I cannot believe people buy Céline Dion records while this girl retains mere cult status.

A must, if she ever tours near you. Really.

And of course Wynton Marsalis should be a household name, some lucky bleeders apparently even get to see him perform several nights in a row.

Current tunes of choice:

Tessellate - Tokyo Police Club

The Reputation Of Ross Francis - My Latest Novel

Plus Ones - Okkervil River

Taxi - Kubichek!

Abel - The National

The Race - Cajun Dance Party

Chemicals Collide - Cloud Cult

Now That Your Home - Manchester Orchestra

I Won't Lie To You - Let's Wrestle

Modern Leper - Frightened Rabbit

Am seeing Sparks at the Islington Academy this weekend. Saturday it's "A Woofer In Tweeters Clothing" and Sunday it's "Kimono My House" and Sunday25th "The No 1 Song in Heaven". I did also have tickets for "Propoganda" on Tuesday night but couldn't face going to a gig and then heading straight to Gatwick airport for a flight to Russia. Other than that it's Alanis Morrisette at Brixton Academy in June and KD Lang at Oxford in July.

The Last Shadow Puppets - Age of the Understatement.

Agreed, it's a great album. Personal favourites are 'Standing next to me' and 'Calm Like You'.

Very diverse range of tastes on here, surely there'd be someone into Interpol?

Litchy   
Agreed, it's a great album. Personal favourites are 'Standing next to me' and 'Calm Like You'.

Very diverse range of tastes on here, surely there'd be someone into Interpol?

**Raises hand**

I love Interpol. They were one of the highlights of Reading last year, they're brilliant live. 'Slow Hands' and 'Evil' are probably their best songs, but their new album is growing on me the more I listen to it.

Not a fan of 'The Last Shadow Puppets'- I think the whole string thing seems a bit pretentious, and judging by their performance on Jools Holland it doesn't work live either. I like Arctic Monkeys and The Rascals though. At the minute I'm liking 'Born Ruffians' and 'Fleet Foxes', both good bands, but they will never become big. There's some really good music coming out of America at the minute.

Scotch   
To be honest, not bad. Not bad at all. Rather liked "Leaving Again".

Still have to listen to the other two a few more times (sometimes multiple listenings gives a better experience). Right now, I think Ignorance is okay. "Nowhere but Up"... not so much.

I'm not the most knowledgeable poster in music, look at my choices previously. But I'm enjoying Leaving Again.

Excellent taste.

Thank you very much Nona!

Scotch   

Fugazi... now there's a band.

Anyone?