• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

The best concert I've ever been to was Pink Floyd, 1986. However the fact that I was completely off my face was a huge contribution.

Mehrino   

Mehrino. Without wanting to be patronising, I think it's good to see a dude of your age liking this type of music, compared to some of the b***ocks that a lot of your peer group listen to.

Cheers Claude4, that's what I like to think so to!

The best concert I've ever been to was Pink Floyd, 1986. However the fact that I was completely off my face was a huge contribution.

Similar to when I went to see Oasis in Loch Lomond in 1996

Litchy   
Fave bands have to be:

1. The Beatles (The Love album is probably the best I've ever owned)

2. The Smiths/Morrissey (Need I say anymore)

3. Pink Floyd

4. Coldplay

5. The Jam

6. The Fratellis

7. Oasis

I'm only 16 but modern music just doesnt cut it compared with some of this stuff. CLASSICS!

Love all but one of these bands mate and I'm a year younger! Modern music is crap! The Jam are legends, I actually chucked a busker some change for the first time the other day because he started playing 'Thats Entertainment'!

The one dont like however is The Beatles, To be honest I think they are over-rated! But I'm in a bit of a minority on that one.....

I have to admit I wasnt aware he wrote them...I do like "dont look back into the sun" and "what katie did" but yeah, I didn't know he wrote them...hmmmm...who would`ve thought that a tool who suffers from massive drug and alcohol abuse and incredible self esteem issues, can still serve a purpose.

ps. did I mix up the Libertines with the Dresden Dolls? or was Pete in both?

I think he was only in The Libertines... they split because he stole from Carl Barat to pay for drugs or something like that. I could be totally wrong.

True and I'd be one of them. When someone is constantly on the front page for being such a tool, I lose all interest and I'm happy to not know about their music ability. That and he's a QPR fan.

Anyway, current 5 bands I like :

Hard-fi

Snow Patrol

The Rifles

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Young Knives

Ones that I think will pick up more publicity/interest next year :

Milburn

The Maccabees

Hot Club de Paris

The Paddingtons

Kate Nash

All highly recommended.

The second list is great. I saw Hot Club De Paris as a support band for Dirty Pretty Things, along with Larrikin Love, who I would also add to your list of upcoming bands. It annoys me when people say that Milburn are copying Arctic Monkeys when they were around before them! Arctic Monkeys were actually a support band for MIlburn, and Milburn even set them up with there new member!

Diverse would be a word to describe my music taste, although I prefer softer, more acoustic sounds, Pete Murray being a great example.

Currently listening to:

The Kooks

Jose Gonzalez

Snow Patrol

The Fray

Death Cab for Cutie

As well as some of the older stuff:

The Beatles (got the new CD "Love" for my bday, absolute quality!)

Simon and Garfunkel (where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?)

Queen

Dire Straits

Eric Clapton

Cat Stevens

1. The Beatles (The Love album is probably the best I've ever owned)

Agreed. Top quality, haven't stopped listening to it since I got it! The album "1" is brilliant as well, 27 number 1 singles, goes well with 'love' as you can hear the difference from the original recordings.

On the subject of musical instruments, I've played the saxophone (alto and baritone) for 8 years, until half giving it up 6 months ago... part time jazz legend if you like :)

I'm really in to the likes of Joe Walsh. Some tracks like 'Turn To Stone', 'Life's Been Good', and the classic 'Rocky Mountain Way' are all brilliant. Really enjoyable tunes to listen to. I also like Pink Floyd, Peter Frampton, Eric Clapton, and the legend Stevie Ray Vaughan (R.I.P)

Ok..Love songs! You guys will say you don't listen to them, but you do! My favorite ones are "Is this Love" by Whitesnake and "Never let her slip away" by Andrew Gold (real old one)

Fentini   

Artists I have seen

Queen at Hammersmith

Rick Wakeman

Van Morrison

Grahame Parker and The Rumour

Dire Straights

Wings

The Style Council

INXS

Simply Red

ELO

Tina Turner

Brian Adams

Joan Armatrading

Peter Gabriel

Jon Mayer

David Bowie

Phil Collins

Micheal Jackson

Robbie Williams

Elton John

The Sweet

Gangajang

The best out of that lot was Bowie .

Agree with you apart from Eminem !!!!

Dj Quik

Dr Dre

John Legend

Jay Z

Big L

ETC......

John Legend is such a quality performer, favourite song has to be Ordinary People, Jay-Z also a top notch rapper aswell. Not really hot on Dre, but he's cool. Can't put my finger on the other 2 there.

Seeing as people here are into their indie/rock wondered if anyones heard of Kolo, my mates shown me some of their tunes and their pretty nifty aswell. Possibly ones for the future.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=33549220 - heres their MySpace if anyones interested in checking them out.