• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

OzzyCFC   
I have been listening to Beirut for sometime and they are superb, favourite track on the album is probably Cliquot.

'The Penalty' is probably my favorite track, played loud it can make the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

Listening to 'The Matches' at the moment, new stuff sounds different but it grows on you.

Lookinig forward to the new Maximo Park, have had the pleasure of seeing them a couple of times and are brilliant live.

Litchy   
Can anybody find the surprise guest in the Leeds (or Reading) Festival?

(Look very carefully!) :D

Can't say I can see it, but as I'm leaving for Reading in about an hour, I would appreciate it if you could tell me!

If your talking about the FF'ers, apparently its not the Foo's. They were meant to play a secret set last year, so it seemed to add up, but I checked it out and they're a genuine band!

Edited by litchy_cfc

Flo17   

Paulo Ferreira! Look under The Kills and Glasvegas on the link that Jon posted.

Paulo Ferreira! Look under The Kills and Glasvegas on the link that Jon posted.

Haha. Good spot Jon! lol.

doober   
"In my life, why do I waste valuable time? With people who I'd much rather kick in the eye"

"Hang the DJ , hang the DJ, hang the DJ, haaaaaaaaaaaaang the DJ"

"Why pamper life's complexity, when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat"

Isn't Hector often an Hispanic name? Some of their gangs are pretty handy I would've thought.

Hello, I'm Stuart Wilson (CFCnet contributor). Panic is a good song by The Smiths. I just wish they had a different vocalist, as their music's good, ie Johnny Marr's riffs always work well. I preferred Johnny in Electronic tbh. I'm partial to electronic music, as well as rock.

doober   
A real golden age of Hip Hop the mid 90's...Wu Tang group and solos (GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface, Method Man), Mobb Deep, Biggie, Tupac, Nas, Capone N Noreaga, Big Pun, Cocoa Brovas, Busta Rhymes, Kane & Abel, Lost Boyz...I know I'm forgetting some but these are still some of my favourite albums

Haha the only ones I know from that list are, Wu Tang, Ghostface, Mobb Depp, Tupac, Nas, Busta Rhymes and Kane & Abel.

The rest I haven't got a clue about lol.

The only one I LIKE from that list is Busta Rhymes lol.

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   
Guest Louder Than Ritalin

Going to Hydro Connect this weekend which is going to be immense. Seeing Sigur Ros for the first time is going to be absolutely magic especially on the grounds of Inveraray Castle.

Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, The Roots, Manic Street Preachers, Bloc Party, Frightened Rabbit, Santogold, Joan As Police Women, Conor Oberst and many more will be in attendance.

There is also a Kopparberg Tree, Champagne Bar, Bacardi Mojito Tent and Loch Fyne Seafood Tent. Going to be a great weekend, if only we could have some sun!

doober   
Listening to at the moment:

MGMT - Kids

Great song. My favourite off the album. Never seem to tire of it, unlike some of their other songs.

Johnny Foreigner - Salt, Pepper and Spinderella

I like most of the album but this has to be one of their best songs. The 'Turn on the real drums.....' is class. Check out Bloc Party's new remix for it too.

HeartsRevolution - Digital Suicide Lullaby

Most of their songs are mental, dirty electro efforts but this is a lot calmer and much more to my taste. I reminds me a bit of Broken Social Scene's 'Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl' with it's gentle female vocals.

Cheeky Cheeky & the Nosebleeds - Boy

Love this guy's voice. Still relatively unknown, hopefully their Glasto performance will help get them more attention.

The Rural Alberta Advantage - Drain The Blood

The best thing to come out of Alberta since Evangeline Lilly! ;) Canadian indie rock with vocal a bit like Neutral Milk Hotel (at times anyway).

Daniel Johnston - Some Things Last a Long Time

A great song by the American singer/songwriter. Excellent lyrics with a good voice. What else could you ask for? It has recently been covered by The Twilight Sad.

Carissa's Wierd - You Should be Hated Here

I haven't lost the ability to spell, that's how the band spell their name. I recommend the whole 'Songs About Leaving' album.

Dan Le Sac VS Scroobius Pip - Development

Once again the whole album is worth a listen. Sharp, superbly crafted lyrics from Scroobius and great beats from Dan. Top stuff!

Sorry John, but apart from MGMT, who are these bands? lol.

doober   
Going to Hydro Connect this weekend which is going to be immense. Seeing Sigur Ros for the first time is going to be absolutely magic especially on the grounds of Inveraray Castle.

Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, The Roots, Manic Street Preachers, Bloc Party, Frightened Rabbit, Santogold, Joan As Police Women, Conor Oberst and many more will be in attendance.

There is also a Kopparberg Tree, Champagne Bar, Bacardi Mojito Tent and Loch Fyne Seafood Tent. Going to be a great weekend, if only we could have some sun!

Franz Ferdinand, The Manics and Bloc Party are okay. Btw, Kopparberg is shite - it is like drinking what toilet cleaner smells like. Whoever commissioned that piss to be sold should be shot lol.