• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

For anyone out there who likes Depeche Mode (as I do) you should check out the video for It's No Good. I'd forgotten how funny that was.

Mahavishnu at Syracuse

The reason that people who rate the likes of Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Ginger Baker or others non-entities of their ilk should go home and have a little cry. In terms of composition, Hendrix couldn't hold a candle either.

Power, Passion and Beauty at their Interactive Website

Benners   

Psilocybin vindaloo.

I'm loving the single 'Wonderwall'. Heard a cover of it (by Ryan Adams) on a TV show.

Where was I the past ten years? I dismissed Oasis as I haven't really liked the few songs I'd heard. I have got to check their older albums.

hanuma   
Mahavishnu at Syracuse

The reason that people who rate the likes of Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Ginger Baker or others non-entities of their ilk should go home and have a little cry. In terms of composition, Hendrix couldn't hold a candle either.

Power, Passion and Beauty at their Interactive Website

Haha. Just made my current favourite band 'Mars Volta' seem so derivative it's almost painful. Thanks.

The drummer in that video is absolutely incredible.

hanuma   
Billy Cobham. An ex-Navy Seal from Panama. Just a phenomenon... Still going strong at 60. I think he also works as a UN Envoy for something or other...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ae3l12PM2c

Cool. He looks more like 40 there.

On a 60's/70's music related note....

How did/do you rank Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart? More specifically albums like 'Hot Rats' and 'Trout Mask Replica'?

alwahla   

My music contains mostly just rock:

Top of all is Nightwish and also their ex-singer Tarja Turunen, Rammstein, Kotiteollisuus, Evanescence, Marilyn Manson, Korn and so on.

How did/do you rank Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart? More specifically albums like 'Hot Rats' and 'Trout Mask Replica'?
Zappa was a really good guitarist but a bit too much of a p-taker to take too seriously as a musician. I had a few of his albums, but didn't follow him much. I do know he took on a couple of ex-Mahavishnu guys after MO2 finished - Jen-Luc Ponty and Marsha Westbrook spring to mind. I didn't pay any attention to Captain Beefheart at all tbh. Heard it, but had no reason to do so twice. Not much help, I know...

Joe Walsh (Ex-'Eagles' guitarist) is a great guy to listen to. I enjoy most of his solo work and I hear that he's playing at the Roundhouse in Camden at the weekend. Shame I can't go, but I recommend him to anyone. Get on down there and you'll enjoy it.