• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Musical Tastes

Nibs   

Greatest band of all time for me without any shadow of doubt – The Jam. Followed them from the beginning in ’77 when I was a bit too young to attend gigs, but thankfully saw them live three times before Weller wound things up in ’82. The final gig they did was on my 19th birthday in Brighton and I was gutted not to get a ticket but went to the penultimate gig the week before and it was the best ever. There have been plenty of good bands since, but nothing can ever come close for me, because music is also an age thing and The Jam were all about youth and energy, with great lyrics (first lyrics that were actually relevant to me and my life) and blow you away tunes. Even now, All Mod Cons gets a regular play and is my favourite album of all time.

Weller has done plenty of good stuff since (and a bit of not so good!), but the guy is a legend and his back catalogue is hard to compare to. I’m so glad he split The Jam when he did. That’s integrity for you. As I say, The Jam were all about youth and energy and I’d hate to have seen then doing a Rolling Stones and still trying to re-create what they once had some 30-40 years ago. Oasis appear to be in danger of doing that – call it a day lads.

Of the current bands, The Arctic Monkeys are great. Think Alex Turner will be another Weller and be around for many years. Quality will always shine through.

Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon

"a-hoooooooo"

LMAO

I've just been listening to Kings Of Leon's back catalogue again. Fantastic. Unstoppable.

Agreed. I was so chuffed for them when Sex On Fire went number 1 in the charts, they deserve it. Taken a while to get that numebr 1, but now they can move on from here. Got their four albums, awesome!

Osgood 9   

I Really can't wait for the Oasis Album to come out.I Like Oasis That Much I Might Spend £50 On The Limited Editon which Contains a book 2 vinyls,A Dvd and a Digital Download of the album.

Is It worth it?

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   
Guest Louder Than Ritalin
I Really can't wait for the Oasis Album to come out.I Like Oasis That Much I Might Spend £50 On The Limited Editon which Contains a book 2 vinyls,A Dvd and a Digital Download of the album.

Is It worth it?

The album isn't that great.

Benners   
It's what's popular now, you may not like it because you're old or something but I'm sure adults didn't like what you listened to.

I think the point you missed about the quote you used was that the term 'Indie' is misused.

When this term first appeared, it described a musical movement opposed to (or without access) to, the major record companies.

Like a lot of the so called 'rediscovered' fads, it's all about lazy, unimaginative image ripping & nothing to do with taking on the fat cat's - more like shamelessly sleeping with the enemy.

Where I live now there is a strong trend for the 'Techno' - boom da, boom da, boom da - music. You get these pimply chavs with their weekend, fake mohican style spiked hair (à la Beckham circa 1998). Salon cut if you please.

To top it off, they are now wearing rotten fakes of Boy & Seditionaries, tartan, bondage gear, bum flaps...

Not a solvent filled crisp bag in sight though & not a hint of even the most naive political badge or tee shirt. In a way it reminds me of the X-Ray Specs song 'germ free adolescents'.

It would be a lot funnier if they took to wearing fake army medals topped off with S.A.S. emblem tattoo's.

The only 'indie' thing about that would be indie casualty ward.