Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hanuma

N F L

0 posts in this topic

Any fans on here?

Seeing as it's getting close to playoff time I thought we may as well have a thread.

I'm a Raiders fan btw...so as some of you might know, I will be looking for a second team to follow through the playoffs. I like the Bengals and the Jets, but neither of them are guaranteed to make the playoffs.

Chargers look just about the best team in the NFL right now. An NFL with only one strong conference and, tbh, a lack of identity with an insane ammount of player movement.

I used to watch it regularly, but I've lost touch over the last few years.

I was always a Philadelphia Eagles fan.

I'm not a fan, but coming to North America has given me a small appreciation for it. What I know of it is very limited.

The Cowboys look interesting after putting Romo in the quaterback position. As long as they ensure Terrell Owen's eventual bust-up with management occurs after the playoffs are over, I think they won't do too badly.

> I'm a Raiders fan btw

I know very little about Am. football, but even I felt some sympathy. Any hope of beating one of the Rams, Chiefs or Jets, to make it 3 wins in the season?

Seeing as the Rams just shut us out...at home...and the Chiefs and Jets look in contention for a playoff place....no.

Our D is very good and has great hope for the future, but our Offence is the worst in our history and probably one of the worst 20 of all time.

I'm a Patriots fan, have been since the season where the Bears mauled us in the final. Not too sure who's going win this year.

I got to see the Patriots come back, from behind, in the last few minutes to get a touchdown and FG. That was actually fun to watch.

I've liked Manning and Brady the past two/three seasons, so a Colts-Patriots match-up always sounds great for me. I'll be firmly with the Colts, though.

I was always a big fan of Marshall Faulk for the Colts, running back. But I really enjoyed watching the Cowboys play from a few years ago, what a lineup - Aikman, Emmit, Michael Irvin, Leon Lett, Darren Woodson, Jay Novachek, Deon Sanders. Michael Irvin was revolutionised the wide reciever position, so tall, big and fast. That was a great team to watch.

I dont really have a favourite team but I love individual players - Keshawn Johnson, T.O., Chris Carter, Thurman Thomas, Junior Seau. I grew up watching a lot of sport and football, American football and basketball were my main ones. We never used to get much on tv when I was young so I had to stay up late with my dad to get a glimpse in the early days. Then it took off and now everyone thinks they know all about it. It can get a bit boring with all the timeouts and stuff, and I am not a fan of the celebrations the players do after say a tackle or for tying their shoe laces.

I caught my first NFL game in a couple of years a month ago. What I had completely forgot about is the amt. of down time where NOTHING is happening. Timeouts for TV etc. make me crazy and I think it kills the potential for atmosphere.

I've been lucky enough to catch a few big college football games and the difference in night and day. The atmosphere is usually electric and the people seem much more into the game rather than just being there.

There's usually a marching band, people are chanting or singing and the overall vibe is just much better.

Say what you will about the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge, it is a hell of a lot more energetic than any of the NFL games I've attended over the last 20 some years...

I just heard that the NFL has plans to play a regular season game in the UK next season (or was it the one after that?).

Yes I've heard rumours that the Premiership would host a game in American and the NFL one here. However getting a team to give up home advantage for a neutral setting was going to prove problematic!!