• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Founding Member

Match Day Forum - Feedback Please....

Just a quicky,

There is a bit of discussion going on here; http://forums.CFCnet.co.uk/index.php?sh...7467&st=275 with regards to how the match day forum is now operating.

Can you give me your feedback about how you all feel please? If the consensus is that it was better as it was, we'll consider changing it. I want it to be as simple and easy as possible, both in terms of moderation and user experience.

Let me know.

TB

This was from Chiswick Blue Toby . . . .

"Could we have one thread for match build-up and updates and then a separate thread for reaction? I agree that it gets annoying reading 8 pages of updates before getting to the reaction, though I don't see why you need to separate pre-match and updates - as you'd rarely want to read either after the game."

I realize its probably more work for you and your close mates, Toby, but I miss the separate threads, particularly the separate match reaction thread. That was always the thread I read the most and I don't want to have slog through all the pre-match and live match comments to get to it.

I'll sumarise myself if I may. At present we get:

Confusion, mix of chat, news stories and analyses in one thread, hard to find what I want, diffusion of match comment into lots of different threads.

Seems to me that fewer comment on actual matches now - which was the best part of the forum.

Bring back PMR please.

Ove   

If we can do with just the two threads instead of three I feel that would be easier from a moderation point of view. We then don't have to start the match day thread 3 hours before the game, which was always difficult for the early Saturday matches.

If there aren't anyone online who's particularly keen to start a match reaction thread the precise minute the match has ended, then we can split the build up and updates thread so that the reactions are moved to a separate topic later on.

However, there's always going to be a tendency for people to want to comment on the match in the main Chelsea forum instead of the live match forum. That's the only forum some members ever bother to visit. Unfortunately, it's not possible to set moderation or no moderation on a per topic basis.

The old PMRs lasted 3 or 4 days - even a week. Starting 2 or 3 hours late isn't an issue.

For the same reason - it doesn't matter if it is moderated - or rather since PMR, unlike the live thread is less timely, it probably should be moderated as much as any ordinary thread.

ChAoS   

Sorry, but I'm with WashingtonBlue. I feel more comfortable with the separate "Match Reaction Thread". The current thread which has "Pre-Match", "Live-Match" and "Post-Match" is way to compact. You will have to search through the pages for the "Match Reaction".

A separate match reaction forum pinned to the main Chelsea forum would hopefully direct anyone wanting to comment on the game to the most suitable place. Would it be possible to pin it to the top of the topic lists on the homepage? I don't think that I'm alone in saying that what I'm most interested in here is the actual football matches!

There do seem to be multiple topics for match reactions now, I know that the pieces published on the site have to be publicised but when someone sees a topic saying (for example) 'Newcastle 0 Chelsea 1' they automatically go there to comment on the game, even though its not the designated match topic. Could these topics include a link to the match reaction forum?

dermotos   

I think the old way, or a variation of the old way is probably best. I'm not usually on the internet when Chelsea are playing so don't participate in the live comments. When I log on I now scroll through to the post match posts (this is often up to 10 pages!).

Another possibility to consider is to put a 'stickie' or pinned topic for reaction to the last match. The last thing I want to suggest is to give more work to the moderators and if it doesn't change I'm able to work through the current set up.

Happy Christmas everyone.