• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fentini

A Ghost Story

Fentini   

Anyone been freaked out by a supernatural event that has made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

So frightened you have remained frozen to the spot or you have run like the wind to escape contact.

Codger   

No. I once got caught sh*gging the girlfriend in the hallway as her parents came through the front door though. I recall moving rather quickly...

Is this one of those 'bored at work' posts? ;)

Never myself. But you'll be surprised at the number of people who claim to have happened to them, or know someone it happened to.

A cousin of mine swore that he was back home once and saw the clothes on the line levitate.

But I know myself, I get too frightened to be paralysed, and I have no curiosity at that moment. I run exceptionally fast when in fear. I've tried to run half that fast in normal circumstances, but fail pathetically. Shame.

Funny this post came up. In our house recently, my grandfathers old shooting jacket kept moving to different spots in the wardrobe. I thought he was trying to tell me to give the jacket to his old gun club. We got a friend of mine who can sense spirits to see what was going on. We did a reading, like a saionce but you only speak to people who are already there, not summon people. And yes it was my grandfather but he was actually not passing over because he was waiting for a little boy to pass aswell. the boy new grandpa when he was little and died in 1950 from polio, and grandpa refused to cross over without him. in the end we had to find a book to read to the little boy to get him enough courage to pass over. the book was a Christmas Carol, the last chapter, when we find out that Tiny Tim doesnt die from polio, and there is something in there about a family friend named Fred, which was my grandpas name. I've tried to cut the story short because it was a very, very strange experience and we since have done another reading at my parents house and that was even more full on...

Just letting people know that those chills on the back of your neck are justified coz when you see that cup move for yourself, its unbelievable

Dano   

I've never ever believed in ghosts and I don't think I ever will until I experience something myself, but for sure some weird sh*t happens like when you suddenly get shills up your spine for no reason at all and think hang on is there someone watching me? Some good mates have sworn by a few stories and I believe they wouldn't lie but I'm not sure whether it's suggestions from certain events and movies playing on their minds which cause them to perceive the supernatural and not a natural explanation or whether its the real deal? If it is real I want in...

mdave   
Anyone been freaked out by a supernatural event that has made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

So frightened you have remained frozen to the spot or you have run like the wind to escape contact.

Sounds like mother in low.

Codger   
The Aussies once more are flogging the poms at the cricket and it has become oh so boring watching it on the TV.

Not nearly as tedious as it has been moderating the Ashes topic on here. I've tried to avoid it, but it comes back to haunt me every time I log on.

Does that count as getting this back on topic? :-)

No. I once got caught sh*gging the girlfriend in the hallway as her parents came through the front door though. I recall moving rather quickly...

Is this one of those 'bored at work' posts? ;)

A very similar thing happened to me once. Judging by the look on her old man's face, I don't think he even knew I was deflowering his little girl. I guess we live and learn...

I used to experience such phenomena quite often actually, mostly in my living room. I can never sleep down there on my own, and I'd thought that I had grown out of that whole thing a long time ago...obviously not lol. I always believe that there are logical explanations behind most spooky going on's, and I don't really believe in an after life and other things like that. Most 'ghost' sightings and supernatural phenomena, the majority of the time, tend to happen when the victim(s) are most vulnerable and the situation is suited to these events occurring. Take for instance, after my grandads funeral when I was younger, I stayed at his house with others, but I was sleeping alone in the living room, of course I was nervous, naturally you would be anticipating some kind of spooky event to happen and your imagination and fear gets the better of you. I thought that my hat had moved from the floor onto the couch whilst I was sleeping, I felt a strange sensation of someone elses presence in the room as you commonly do.

Other times at home, I would experience strange feelings, especially when a relative had just died. I would see someones face behind me in the mirror, think that someone was sitting in the chair beside me, and that someone was just staring at me or trying to contact me in some way. believe it or not, but I actually felt as if someone was trying to tuck me up in bed once. I've imagined having a conversation with someone who didn't exist. I even unlocked the patio door to let him/her/it inside. I've shouted out of my bedroom window into the street, at the group of people who were terrorizing me by throwing things and screaming, of course it was all apart of my imagination and simply hallucinations from lack of sleep. I've heard many other spooky stories, some which are ridiculous, some which are unexplainable, but are not proven, so I try not to take anything too seriously any more. I just put them down to the very powerful and magnificent tool that we possess, and that's our brain. But, there are the unexplainable, ones which cannot be proved wrong by either common sense or science, and maybe they never will. These kind of things will remain mysterys forever IMO.

My daughter when younger used to tell us of conversations she had been having with a young girl dressed in victorian clothing who appeared in the corner of her bedroom at night, she was only about 5 or 6 at the time and could describe the clothing the girl was wearing which would fit the era she was describing and there was no reason why she should have known what sort of clothes where worn then.

Our house dates back to 1899 so there might be something in it, but I am probably the biggest sceptic you will ever meet.