• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Codger

A Legend's Birthday

Codger   

Well, if you're of a certain age you'll no doubt have at least one memory of David Bowie who reaches the grand old age of 60 on Monday.

Where did my life go? :(

Well, I have a few memories, but I thought I'd amuse you all by letting you know that the very first single I bought, at the grand old age of seven, was none other The Laughing Gnome. I don't know what made me do it because it's a truly appalling novelty song, but it's a memory nonetheless. Some might even argue my musical tastes haven't improved since.

Come on you lot, 'fess up. I bet you wore the make-up didn't you? The boots? I can see you all now at the school disco.

I love Bowie, I think he's fantastic. I'm sorry Grahame, I just don't get the prog rock vibe I'm afraid. I'm sure in terms of musicianship it has numerous merits, but it just doesn't move me the way "simpler" music does.

I rate him, down here in Poole we have a place known as Mr Kyps, has some top tribute acts (including a great Pink Floyd and U2 act). Went and saw the Bowie one about a year ago, top stuff.

Songs I would recomend:

1. Life on mars

2. Ashes to ashes

3. Jump they say

4. China girl

5. Diamond Dogs