• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blizeH

'anti-rub' Socks? :)

blizeH   

Hey guys, started playing indoor football today, bought a pair of Adidas Samba last week ready for it and they fit perfectly, but for some reason my feet felt incredibly sore both during and after the game, when I took them off I've got a couple of blisters on my heels and a bit of blood on my sock too which really sucks.

I believe this happens when the shoe is too big; but it isn't too big, it just about fits on my foot, I tried on the size smaller and couldn't even get it on, so I'm not quite sure what's happening here.

Is there anywhere that I can get anti-rub or something socks? Cheers :)

Surgical Spirit or oidine is good for toughening the skin. Sorry can't help you otherwise. Just bought my boy some Predators, doubt if it will make him play better, but at least he'll look the part.

Don't talk to me about a couple of blisters, when I was a lad we used to play football in the street with no shoes or socks on and a rounded pebble for a ball!!!

Mate, tell me about it. I've got huge (12) mis-shapen feet and used to suffer horrendous blisters etc. doing Refereeing and indoor 5-a-Side. Found some really thin poly-cotton inner socks that I wear inside normal nylon long football socks. Tends to largely eliminate the direct rub. Camping/Hiking shops should have something similar, and Boots do a good range of blister treatments - but there's not much that will withstand hard play. Worst place I get a blister is where the knuckle of my second toe rubs against the underside of the toecap, like someone's stubbed a fag out on it! For that, I slip on a short foam tube (sold for bunion relief). Good luck!

PS some smartass better not call me Frodo...or Poll

Mate, tell me about it. I've got huge (12) mis-shapen feet and used to suffer horrendous blisters etc. doing Refereeing and indoor 5-a-Side. Found some really thin poly-cotton inner socks that I wear inside normal nylon long football socks. Tends to largely eliminate the direct rub. Camping/Hiking shops should have something similar, and Boots do a good range of blister treatments - but there's not much that will withstand hard play. Worst place I get a blister is where the knuckle of my second toe rubs against the underside of the toecap, like someone's stubbed a fag out on it! For that, I slip on a short foam tube (sold for bunion relief). Good luck!

PS some smartass better not call me Frodo...or Poll

Thats precious...\o/