• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maccyd1983

English Bias?

Just saw this quote in the ALL OVER NOW article on the main page,

"What excuse did Mutu and Veron have for not joining their team-mates on the pitch at 5pm?"

Now, I wasn’t happy to see that the 2 players named weren’t there, but neither was Scott Parker, so why wasn’t he criticised.

Also, the Lampard saga makes me laugh. I would pay the man anything to keep him at the club but the reality is he has 2 years on his contract so he doesn’t exactly have a lot of bargaining power yet.

It seems a little too much like paper talk to me.

Yes paper talk OK. If we are changing management, how can we go ahead an arrange contracts? It seems inconceivable that we would let Franky go but wouldn't it be stupid to commit millions of pounds in a contract and then find that a new manager didn't want him?

Perhaps Veron didn't feel that he had contributed enough to appear and I guess he could have been upset by the remarks after the CLSF1 match!

And this is football, not national conscription! It is nice to see all the players but I am sure that there are some things in life, which may take precedence!

Even I think that the press and to an extent fans too have been bit harsh on Veron. For god sake why don’t these people understand that no player wants to sit on bench and injuries are part of the game.

Just imagine had it been Lamps at its place, forced to sit outside for so many months would the press and fans have targeted him in such a stupid way. I still believe on his day he is the best playmaker in England especially for European matches and I still believe he deserves a full season to prove himself. But I’m afraid we the fans and the press are going to force him back to Italy.

I doubt if there's any bias at all regarding the players who didn't appear on the pitch at the end of the Leeds game. They probably all had their own particular reasons for not being there and we probably shouldn't read too much into it at all.