• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEE PAT NEVIN

Peter Osgood bust in Executive Suite - What?

An old mate of mine from the shed days has just emailed me to say he has heard the club are going to put the Peter Osgood statue in the executive suit. has any one heard about this ?

Peter Osgood was one of us and his statue should be proudly displayed for all to see. If this is true its a disgrace. Any other football club would have had it in the forcourt, Leeds, West ham, newcastle, I could go on and on.

It just goes to show how little the club thinks of us.

Would love to know if this is true.

BLUE BOB   

Yes I'm afraid so, it is true. I made a comment on this in a similar thread recently. I was under the impression that just outside the hotel, where there was a bronze statue of a bloke and a lad, was going to be the location.

Ideal place for all to see. Once again they have got it wrong, the tiny plaque at the shed end only the goalie can see as it faces the pitch!!

Does anyone know if this bust ever got moved?

I seem to remember at the time that after an outcry from the fans, it was going to be moved somewhere we could all see it, but not sure it ever happened?

CFC1966   
We need a proper statue of the great man and not in a place where 90% of them who say 'who'.

And when did our opinion ever count or common sense ever prevail?

And when did our opinion ever count or common sense ever prevail?

when will we ever learn that the club we love couldnt give a **** about us the true fans ,, the only interest is in corporate seats , not in fans who have been following the club far and wide for years , thus the atmosphere at the bridge so poor these days

Quite strange seeing this topic today.

We had a chat last night after someone remembered the last time we saw Ossie (except on the pitch at half-time ).

It was before a home game with the smog monsters. I told him that he was my first hero and on my first game (31/1/1070) we scored all 3 against sunderland to cement that status. He smiled and said "you haven't aged well "

Slagged off by the king- it doesnt get better than that

Can this bust situation be a point of issue at a future fans forum pls.

Ken - I put the question forward through my Supporters Club rep on the Forum and the question was asked at the latest meeting. (It's mentioned briefly in the official minutes).

Apparently a statue has been commissioned with input from Peter Bonnetti and Lynn Osgood, and Ron Harris (not sure about Chopper but I think he was mentioned). The Club will make an announcement in due course. It's not something we should let them forget about though.