• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Have Been Nemanjad

Carlo Ancelotti

http://www.itv-football.co.uk/CL_Story/0,1...1971419,00.html

"Bayern Munich have a great tradition and a lot of value," admitted Ancelotti. "We know them well, having faced them in the past.

"I would have been more disappointed to have met Roma or Manchester United at this point of the tournament.

"Manchester United is the team that plays the best football in Europe right now."

I know Chelsea are a very strong side, but do you Blues fans agree with him in respect to the type of football we play?

(not the last few weeks of course)

No, because you wear red uniforms. I'm a cold war kid, so I've hated everything red (except the stripes in both our national flags) since 1968.

Seriously, if its the case (as I believe it was once) that you've scored more goals and conceded fewer goals than anyone else, than I don't think anyone could disagree with you because that's an objective measurement. Anything else is completely subjective and moves you into the Wegner- world of "we played the most beautiful football, never mind the result on the scoreboard" which I find incredibly boring and impossible to prove in any intellectually satisfying way.

We're still going to "pip you" (the Yank is learning) for the championship or, alternatively, absolutely destroy you next year if we stay remotely injury-free, so it enjoy it while it lasts. :)

You're having a laugh. So is Ancelotti.

Very attractive in the premier league, more attractive than Chelsea? - yes I agree.

Attractive against Celtic, Copenhagen, Lille? Last year's laughable european campaign? Nah. Come up short every time. United nowhere near it for me. Not saying that to have a go fella, it's just that Man U aren't very attractive when they can't dominate games. Their domestic success this year has been well deserved as the majority of matches can be dictated by them, and they look admittedly easy on the eye. When they can't, they're nowhere near the top (European)level, or look attractive for that part. Arsenal play more attractive football than the rest of us but look where it got them.

Winning, that's what's attractive. If Man U win some pots this year, that's surely what matters. Not a subjective opinion by someone hoping to soften you up.

Codger   

I'll tell you what I think. You should go and post this sort of stuff on a Man Utd board and stop wasting the moderator's time with it.

Nobody cares.

I don't see where Ancelotti got that from, if he thinks Utd play the best football in Europe, I certainly wouldn't want him coaching Chelsea.

Khobar   

What's an Ancelotti?

Last year's laughable european campaign? Nah.

Well surely he means this campaign. I completely agree with you about last year.

Winning, that's what's attractive.

Disagree on this. We've won the last few weeks with very unattractive football (well attractive for a combined 15 minutes maybe). Greece Euro campaign, Italy WC campaign; attractive football?

I don't see a clear correlation between attractiveness and winning. Surely the supporters are attracted to the mood it creates for them, but the rest of the spectators, not so much attraction there.

I think with the exception of dominating the midfield as you do so well, United have been playing similar football to Chelsea the last few weeks. We defend well, with some hiccups, and make our shots count. We had something like four shots vs. Lille, so your right about one thing, I'm attracted like hell to the idea of us being in the quarters, regardless of how we got there.

CFC Moe   

What is Ancelloti smoking? it must be very strong!

This is pathetic...Man U are very boring, especially in the Champions League!...they are just a lucky team, that's about it!