• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nona_valente

Champions League Quarterfinals (2nd Leg)

Use this thread to discuss the non-Chelsea Champions League games.

Fixtures:

Tuesday, 10 April 2007

Man Utd v Roma (agg 1-2),

Wednesday, 11 April 2007

Bayern Munich v AC Milan (agg 2-2),

Liverpool v PSV (agg 3-0),

I think Bayern, Roma and PSV will go through. I'm kidding on the last one, but can you imagine if PSV scores 3 or more goals at Anfield and knock them out (even in penalties)?

My nerves are starting to kick in for the big one at the Mestalla.

I've certainly got a feeling that Bayern will make it through because of their two away goals. I have to say that their Allianz Arena ground looks amazingly intimidating and very space age. I know that grounds don't particularly win matches, but I think the atmosphere inside will help Bayern and sweep them through to the Semi Finals.

I certainly can't see Liverpool losing a 3-0 advantage. I suppose complacency could kick in and they may lose the actual game, but the tie is in the bag. We know who'll they'll play should Chelsea go through. In my own opinion, it will be a shame that there would be yet another all English Semi Final between these two clubs. Should Valencia go through, then I think Liverpool could beat them because Benitez has an exceptional knowledge of Spanish football, the obvious example being Barcelona, plus he'd get Liverpool pumped up for a game against his old club.

The game between Manchester United and Roma is difficult to predict. United, however, have the away goal and just need one goal at Old Trafford to go through. After defeats to Roma and to Portsmouth they'll want to give a good account of themselves to try to make the Semi Finals. However, a Roma goal could and would make United sweat all the way. From a personal point of view I'd like to see a Roma-Bayern Semi Final, but I think United will come through to face Bayern.

So, my SF line up, would be:

Chelsea/Valencia - Liverpool

Bayern Munich - Manchester United.

Sir   

My nerves are already starting is well Pete, sad as it is I was behind the sofa not being able to look when we played Liverpool in 2005, I just pace up and down the living room swearing and tearing my hair out! These champions league knockout games just make me crack!

Roma to beat United, Chelsea to beat Valencia, Liverpool to beat PSV and Milan to some how beat Munich!

I think Bayern-Roma and Liverpool - Chelsea would be very nice semi finals. I'm not too sure about Roma though.

I think poor United may well finish empty-handed this season. Roma for me...

If I haven't gotten things wrong, United will be without Scholes, Neville, Vidic and Saha. Roma have rested Francesco Totti, Daniele De Rossi, Alessandro Mancini, Cristian Chivu and Christian Panucci. TO me, signs point to a Roma win at Old Trafford, or at least a draw.

Bayern looks better than Milan, frankly. They took them on at San Siro except for a few bad portions of the game. Hargreaves and Salihamidzic were quite impressive. Schweinsteiger wasn't, but might step up at home. When they beat Madrid at home, they showed how they could deal with the home field advantage.

Looks like a Bayern-Roma semi to me, unless things go very wrong.

My nerves are starting to kick in for the big one at the Mestalla.

Mine are bad enough as it is. They'll be on fire tomorrow.

Red4life   

Hopefully there'll be 3 cracking quarter finals, and one formality. Wouldn't surprise me if PSV did actually win at Anfield, I can't see Rafa putting out a weakened side, he'll start with a strong one and take players off if we're coasting come the second half, but I know the PSV players will feel they have something to prove and may have that extra bit of desire.

The other 3 are all too close to call though, I'd make United favourites to go through, 50/50 in yours, and probably Bayern favourites to eliminate Milan

Hopefully there'll be 3 cracking quarter finals, and one formality. Wouldn't surprise me if PSV did actually win at Anfield, I can't see Rafa putting out a weakened side, he'll start with a strong one and take players off if we're coasting come the second half, but I know the PSV players will feel they have something to prove and may have that extra bit of desire.

The other 3 are all too close to call though, I'd make United favourites to go through, 50/50 in yours, and probably Bayern favourites to eliminate Milan

I think perhaps you will start with 1 or 2 that wouldn`t normally start actually. I predict a memorable game, with PSV winning 3-2.