• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Founding Member

Embedding Youtube Vids

Ok, being the nice lot that we are, we thought we could make this forum a bit better by bringing the vids here, rather than sending you to them.

If you want to embed a youtube video, you can do it one of two ways.

When you're adding youtube videos, the best way to do it is through the "Insert Special Item" menu. You'll only find that menu in the full post screen, not on fast reply.

Alternatively, you can do it this way

{youtube} then the youtube code, which is the part of the youtube URL after the = sign, but using [], Then you need to add the {/youtube} (I can't type it properly as it tries to then work). Remember, you need to use the [], not {}

Here is an example - for this URL; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrwii4_YQ8Q

You can hit reply to this post, to be able to see the correct code.

Enjoy!

Codger   

For all the YouTube posters out there, here's a little tip for you which I've been meaning to post for yonks.

If it's a video where you want to display footage from a certain point onwards, you can do this:

If we take the Chelsea academy boys dance-off, and we want to skip the commentary at the beginning, you'd link like this

Note that the parameters of the YouTube video must be 'watch' rather than the other parameters that can be parsed. But of most interest is the short code after that:

#t= means we're going to pass a time argument to the video, followed by:

0m18s which translates to zero minutes and eighteen seconds.

Let's try it again with this Zhirkov compilation:

Full video link

Edited video link

Inline code video link

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WslrR4sTHeE#t=4m30s"]Yuri Zhirkov compilation[/url]

Which translates to this:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for embedded videos because you have to click play to start the footage, which always starts the video from the beginning.

All clear? Off you go then.

You can post tests here if you want, but I'll be cleaning them up for clarity once you're clear how it works.

Ok, being the nice lot that we are, we thought we could make this forum a bit better by bringing the vids here, rather than sending you to them.

If you want to embed a youtube video, you can do it one of two ways.

When you're adding youtube videos, the best way to do it is through the "Insert Special Item" menu. You'll only find that menu in the full post screen, not on fast reply.

Alternatively, you can do it this way

{youtube} then the youtube code, which is the part of the youtube URL after the = sign, but using [], Then you need to add the {/youtube} (I can't type it properly as it tries to then work). Remember, you need to use the [], not {}

Here is an example - for this URL; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrwii4_YQ8Q

You can hit reply to this post, to be able to see the correct code.

Enjoy!

I am trying to attach youtube vids to my posts but am very confused about how to do it. You mention on this post an "insert special item" menu as a way of embedding vids but I can't locate this. Can you help?

Jedini   

Nobly, it's very easy. Just follow these three steps:

1 - Click on the "Link" button

2 - Copy/paste the url of your video

3 - Add Reply

Untitled.jpg