• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Founding Member

80's Cartoons

Oh my, I feel like a kid again. Wonder how many of these you remember?

Part 1 - M.A.S.K., Transformers, Ghostbusters, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Danger Mouse, Dungeons & Dragons & more...

Part 2 - He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, Bravestarr, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, The Trap Door & more..

Part 3 - Gummi Bears, Silverhawks, Count Duckula, Ulysses 31, Heathcliff, Pole Position & more...

Part 4 - Voltron, Jem, My Little Pony, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Super Mario Bros, Gobots, Dogtanian, Spider-Man & more...

Part 5 - C.O.P.S., Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Wuzzles, Legend of Zelda, Dennis, Teddy Ruxpin, Pac-Man & more...

Part 6 - Galaxy High, Willy Fog, Snorks, Dino-Riders, Spiral Zone and 80's film icons like Chuck Norris, Mr. T & more...

Where's Tom & Jerry? I'm still watching them under the premise of "letting my kids" watch them, in the hope that once, just once, Tom kicks the s**t out of Jerry.

Rhubarb and Custard, Mr Benn and Captain Pugwash for me.

Which are all cartoons from the 1970s!!

So I really should have read the title of the thread better.

I watched most of them in the well into the 90's. In fact, for a time, all we had were channels that only that showed old cartoons which I generally enjoyed. Bugs Bunny cartoons with WW2 references, anyone? I still think they're loads better than the absolute sh** cartoons on nowadays.

Where's Tom & Jerry? I'm still watching them under the premise of "letting my kids" watch them, in the hope that once, just once, Tom kicks the s**t out of Jerry.

Greatest cartoon ever. Should be required viewing for all young children. I saw some newer versions a few months back, but it didn't have the magic of the past. Even as a kid, I wanted Tom to win just once.

Cartoons I loved which you put up include M.A.S.K., TMNT (even remember Donetello was my 'favourite'), Heathcliff, Chip and Dale (serious problems when you still remember the tune. Wait, I know the tunes of all the previous four) and Centurions. I remember watching a few, and liking, Transformers and Super Mario episodes.

I, too, watched these in my late teens with my younger brothers under the 'reason' of taking care of them when. Pity they've outgrown watching cartoons.

Edit: Just noticed Ducktales and Inspector Gadget. Can't believe I forgot those two.

syza   

I have the G1 transformers cartoons on DVD, and thundercats season 1 part 1. I also have parts of the he-man dvd seasons =)

80s babies rule!

Transformers = AMAZING!!!

I never saw them on TV as I wasn't born until 1990 but my cousin had them on video and I watched them ALL the time! Can't get better really - robots and trucks! : )

I liked the ones on the Banana Splits ( 70's, I know, but worth a mention ). The Hair Bear Bunch, Top Cat, rpts of course. Ninja Turtes were fantastic. Danger Mouse was very funny.

Chuck Norris was THE MAN for a few years, but then I discovered Jackie Chan, an absolute total nut-case.