• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Fowler

Ps3

Really want one now. Just wondering if anybody knows where you can get them cheaply. Anywhere around the 300 pound mark would be nice.

Many thanks.

Ebay ?

Yeah I'm trying that at the moment. A lot of good deals for around £350 but I was hoping for a little bit cheaper. I suppose I might just have to wait for a few months...

Thanks a lot anyway.

syza   

Around £350 in places like games exchange etc too..

I'm only getting one when I manage to get a HDTV.. pretty pointless otherwise.

PS3 is pretty overrated for the price atm, don't get me wrong its a quality piece of technology and great for gaming but for the prices I think an XBOX 360 is better value!

PS3 is pretty overrated for the price atm, don't get me wrong its a quality piece of technology and great for gaming but for the prices I think an XBOX 360 is better value!

No way is the 360 better value. The best value for money is the Nintendo Wii, however if you want to play proper games then buy a PS3. Rumours of a price drop 4th quarter this year are probably true and it should not be a problem to wait to buy one seeing as the games library for the PS3 is poor right now. I bought my PS3 launch day and only play Resistance, however, October/November time is when all the exclusives such as Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2 come out as well as FIFA 08 and this should happily coincide with a price drop.

If you compare the Xbox 360 with all the accessaries such as HD-Drive, WiFi etc you to need buy to match the PS3 spec then the price is roughly only £15 cheaper. I still think £425 is a fair price considering the blu-ray player but as I said, with lack of games and blu-ray movies at the moment your definatly better off waiting for the 4th quarter game releases and expected price drop.

The Wii may be the best value but it needs more games soon. The only games I thought are worth buying are Zelda and Wii Play (only for the extra controller). Wii Sports is fun for a few weeks but soon becomes boring. I haven't played it for a while, I'm still playing Pro Evo 6 on the PS2.

syza   

Prices of PS3 will drop dramatically dependent on the outcome of the blu-ray vs. HD DVD war.

Sean   

I'm looking on Ebay for one at the minute. Looking for one around the £250-280 mark which would be a great deal IMO. There are some quality games coming out later this year like PES and GTA which will be amazing!