• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Kendik

Club Shed Songs

At last, people participating in this forum are the targeted audience I.e. fans who are able to attend games.

So, we need to discuss songs and chants, both old and new. Please keep it as clean as possible.

We're after ideas for the upcoming matches and things to try to REALLY get behind the team, individual players and staff.

Things like . . .

Trigger chants

Songs for individual players

"Adopt" a player for a match

Songs for upcoming opponents

Chants which get the whole end going (a la one man went . . )

Songs which last more than five seconds

And so on.

All yours.

Mr-H-L   
Generate banter between the Shed End and fans in other stands

By this do you mean the away fans or the mhl for example?

I just think it would be great to get banter going between fans in the mhl (myself) and the shed.

If we ever had a situation of the shed and mhl trying to outsing eachother then that would be fantastic.

DP89   

So Jerry, whats the difference between this thread, and the "chants/songs and lyrics" forum?

What do we put in here, that doesnt go into that forum?

So Jerry, whats the difference between this thread, and the "chants/songs and lyrics" forum?

What do we put in here, that doesnt go into that forum?

The difference as I see it is that this thread at last will be viewed and acted upon by the peope who matter - the matchgoing fans. I have seen a number of decent song suggestions in other forums get nowhere and my feeling is that the discussions get hampered by posters who have never been in a football crowd or ideas aren't seen by people who actually go to the games.

The hope is that publicity for this will be continuous and will draw enough Shed goers (not just CFCnetters) to make this thread worthwhile. There are guys out there who write decent chants and hopefully we can provide a target audience for them. We also hope to have a group of songstarters too, who can perhaps put this all into practice.

There's going to be some overlap of course with similar threads elsewhere, but we talked this over beforehand and I've been allowed to give it a bash. If it doesn't work, at least we will have tried.

Jakalele   
The difference as I see it is that this thread at last will be viewed and acted upon by the peope who matter - the matchgoing fans. I have seen a number of decent song suggestions in other forums get nowhere and my feeling is that the discussions get hampered by posters who have never been in a football crowd or ideas aren't seen by people who actually go to the games.

The hope is that publicity for this will be continuous and will draw enough Shed goers (not just CFCnetters) to make this thread worthwhile. There are guys out there who write decent chants and hopefully we can provide a target audience for them. We also hope to have a group of songstarters too, who can perhaps put this all into practice.

There's going to be some overlap of course with similar threads elsewhere, but we talked this over beforehand and I've been allowed to give it a bash. If it doesn't work, at least we will have tried.

To be fair I think we need a New song that is exclusive just to Club Shed members. Who knows in a few years someone may ask ' So where did this song come from anyway?' 'Club Shed started it in the year we won all 4 ;)

homerdaz   

We've got keep the Middle West White Wall of the Shed song as this sounds great and the reply to where were you when you were sh** as posted before.

We've got keep the Middle West White Wall of the Shed song as this sounds great and the reply to where were you when you were sh** as posted before.

Agreed. The one downer last year, even for the Everton game was that it went on and on until it petered out. How about an agreed number of Middle/West (can we still have White Wall?) before EVERYONE gets up with a rendition of "We're the Shed end . . etc" Say 5 times before we all join in? Follow this up with something short and involving clapping and you have an instant, impressive and unique chant to rival "One man went to mow"

This can be agreed or laughed out of town. At last though, the people who should be deciding this are the ones who will be at the game abd are reading this thread. We obviously need hundreds reading this to make it happen, but why not?

Keep em coming.

Being behind the goal I think we should have a song for Cech, particulary at the start of the first half.

Did see one which I liked on the Main songs:

He's big

He's Tall

Youre Genna Score **** All

Petr Cech..Petr Cech

Obviously this could go wrong if they score..

Being behind the goal I think we should have a song for Cech, particulary at the start of the first half.
I think you're right!

I certainly love the Petr Cech song that you've got there :)

Great song for Cech! I noticed at the Bolton game how he appreciated our singing his name at the start of the 2nd half.

I thought Strollin was going to be the Club Shed song.

As a former right (or is it white?) waller I think it should be kept in at least when the opposition haven't taken up their full allocation, though' I'd say just 2 or 3 verses before the combined singing starts. People seem to have a low attention span nowdays. Or maybe the football is better?