Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MillbankBlue

Wigan Away (let's Have It)

0 posts in this topic

A few of us having been discussing our incredible away support in the 70's & 80's on the forum & how great it would be if we could re-create that now & again. Now I'm not stupid! I do realise that ticket restrictions mean we are not going to be able to take away the 7 & 8,000's of yester year however the allocation for Wigan away is less than shabby (4,000 I believe) plus we could probably get tickets in other parts of the ground (not for violence I must add). Then we could make a real day of it & raise the roof & have a party. 20 of us old school plus a few younger heads are definately going. Who fancies it "CHELSEA HERE CHELSEA THERE, CHELSEA EVERY FXCKXXG WHERE, LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"

Nice one Millbank, your enthusiasm for the new season is clearly rubbing off on lots of other Chels fans!

3 reasons why this will work...

(1) Tickets for Wigan are the cheapest in the FAPL. £15 last year and they shouldn't be much more than that this season.

(2) The entire North Stand is given up to away fans (capacity 5,400). http://www.wiganlatics.premiumtv.co.uk/jav...~2900329,00.gif

(3) Kick off is 3pm Saturday (3rd November).

Cheap tickets, an entire stand, and a Saturday 3pm kick off. Sounds like the 80s to me.

I'm on the Away scheme so I'll definitely be there!

Was planning on going to that one anyway. I normally go to about 3 northern away games per year with about 10 of my mates, so I'll make sure that Wigan is one of them!

It would be nice to meet some of you there.

Yeah I'll be up for that lets take the whole allocation.

me and my bro are well up for this!

Road trip anyone?

You've done so much for me fella with RTTS, the least I can do is join in. Put me on the list and I'll ask some of the boys too.

Great post. Will 100% be there mate. Was goin anyway so looking forward to it even more now. Lets hope it comes off. I think there should be a CFCnet meetig place near the ground ;)

Good stuff mate.

Wigan away is always one I tell people to go to. As you say tickets are easily available and the end they give us allows for a good atmosphere to be created. For the last two seasons there we have run a coach from my area, we have found a good pub on the way up and a better one for the way home !!

Wigan's ground is on the edge of a huge retail park, but there is a decent enough pub there, where, up until last season anyway, they are happy to accomodate away fans.

The first season we played there we didn't quite sell out the end and last year even less went, so if everyone gets up for it for this season lets make it a sell out !!

Good luck.

Great post. Will 100% be there mate. Was goin anyway so looking forward to it even more now. Lets hope it comes off. I think there should be a CFCnet meetig place near the ground ;)

Yeah I think that's a good idea I'll be up for that.

A few of us having been discussing our incredible away support in the 70's & 80's on the forum & how great it would be if we could re-create that now & again. Now I'm not stupid! I do realise that ticket restrictions mean we are not going to be able to take away the 7 & 8,000's of yester year however the allocation for Wigan away is less than shabby (4,000 I believe) plus we could probably get tickets in other parts of the ground (not for violence I must add). Then we could make a real day of it & raise the roof & have a party. 20 of us old school plus a few younger heads are definately going. Who fancies it "CHELSEA HERE CHELSEA THERE, CHELSEA EVERY FXCKXXG WHERE, LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"

It's 5000. Sounds good, I was gunna go to that match anyway. I can't see the club taking the whole 5000 though, last year the club only took 2500 I think. Maybe that was just because it was a 5:15 ko right before xmas.