• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boogle

Salomon Kalou

Don't think he'd be happy moving from Feyenoord's first team to our youth/reserve team TeRiYaKi.... he's definately one for the future though and I've seen this story quite a few places. He's Drogba's partner for Ivory Coast and has been dubbed 'The next Henry' by some....

ap25   

I Read this in the Daily Mail today:

'Ken Bates, the former Chelsea chairman, can claim to have won the first round in his £2 million constructive dismissal claim against the club after the pre trial hearing.

Bates is claiming loss of earnings over a 10-year period, which Chelsea countered with a demand for medical evidence to say 73-year-old Bates will live for another decade.

However, Ken has just had his biannual check-up and the results suggest he will still be alive and kicking in his mid-80s.

Legal jousting will see the trial put back until next June.'

What a sorry business. Why can't he just walk away?

Khobar   

He never could walk away from a scrap - that's a big reason why Chelsea still have Stamford Bridge and it's not a Cabra / Marler housing estate.

For all his anti-social attitudes etc, I've never been able to say too much bad about Batesy. Regardless of how much money he made, he saved Chelsea and should always remain known as one of the early architects of our success. A shame for Sheffield Wednesday fans that he didn't get the club - they'd have been in the Premiership within 4 years. I hope he goes on for another 20 years at least.

While acknowledging Ken Bates's contributions to Chelsea, I am still of the opinion that his abrasive and crass personality, particularly towards the press, are as much the cause of so much lingering anti-Chelsea sentiment in the press as Abramovich's money!