Codger

Injury News

1,905 posts in this topic

There have been quite a few new topics started recently with regard to injuries to the squad, and not without good reason, so with that in mind we've decided to try and focus the discussion on a single topic.

We'll be working through the existing topics over the next couple of days to redirect people here.

A good place to start for injury news is the Physio Room, though it doesn't always contain up to the minute news. If anyone else has any useful links please feel free to post them and I'll add them to this post.

It's a big blow losing Ricky for the Anfield trip(again) but if we get JT back then that's obviously good news, and may be Alex will be able to start if he's had enough training. Obviously I don't want JT rushed back like last season, so a Ben Haim and Alex partnership doesn't sound to bad at all.

[OT]

When did the thread comment feature get turned on?

[/OT]

It looks like TSO has successfully hit his target with regards to transfer dealings - despite so many players missing, we've been reasonably successful in the league so far (albeit at the cost of defensive fraility). I do wonder though about why we have so many injuries - are we above the general average of early season problems?

Is it absolutely sure that Riccy will miss the match againts the scousers?I know Jose said he's out for a while but still, he's just such an important player so I have a bit of hope.

That's a blow, we lost him at the last minute when we met them last year....

I just don't get why we have all these injuries, we get one player back in JT and then lose his defensive partner!

So help me out here we have the following injuries:

Wayne Bridge -- 2 months

Michael Ballack -- 1 month

Ricardo Carvalho -- ???

Arjen Robben -- A few weeks?

Who else?

When did the thread comment feature get turned on?

I don't think it was ever turned off, though I stand to be corrected. I'm not keen personally, but it serves a useful purpose on some occasions.

Is this some kinda Jinx?

We have been loosing our central defender recently whenever we play against Liverpool. And that also particularly Ricky.

Last year in corresponsing game we lost both Terry & Ricky and we had to play Essien & Ferriera(Who can't play in his own position) against the tallest Crouch.

But the news that JT will be back, makes me feel comfortable.

Cmon Chels....

Edited by aishin

Is this some kinda Jinx?

Liverfluke perhaps?

The pool have been very fortunate in recent times when we play them... if only we had a full strength team against them!

The problem with losing Riccy is that his style complements JT's so well, and he is our quickest defender (not seen enough of Alex to be sure of this). His interceptions are often vital, and he always seems to play well in the big games. However, Ben Haim looks to have settled in well and could prove to be a crucial player this season, hopefully Alex will be fit enough for a place on the bench.

Losing Essien is also a big blow, especially as he is our answer to Gerrard (only better). Mikel did very well when he came on yesterday, but Essien's power, dynamism and the extra protection he offers the defence will be missed.